Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing eels, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    3. Be a single guy, or have an understanding wife or girlfriend. - I'm repeating this because it's THAT important. Nothing will ruin your sexual relations with the wife or girlfriend more quickly than her opening an unknown refrigerator package and finding dead snakes with hooks in them.

An astute scholar of female behavior, you are.
    (unless you like sleeping on the couch)

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    the best time is when the current is slowing otherwise the eel is not in the zone it's just getting washed across the water.One of the best times which is most often productive is the last hour into slack water early a.m. or dusk into darkness) use an eel w/ no weight just let him do his own thing and that will be the most natural presentation cast out and do nothing else when you feel the eel get nervous hold on
    +2 on the last hour of the tide approaching slack. Toss out, retrieve slowly, and hold on. It's eel time gents!

Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to start fishing eels near slack from some of the inlets. I read where a guy recently got one over 25lbs using eels.

As long as the blues are away for the night otherwise your just tossing $$ away.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

^^ Yes the blues can make a real mess of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12