Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for June 2015 - www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Great job Shark seems your having a great spring!! I jealous brotha! WTG! Bass have disappeared from my spots up here in NoMoCo/MoCo actually they never really showed up in numbers IMHO...So Me and my bud hit the water yesterday am for some flatties..Water was a bit dirty but we managed 3 each he had 1 keeper at 18in and i had 1 fall just short at 17.5in...All mine came on the shrimp GULP in natural color on the teaser..Nice morning even tho the action was slow..All the others were small 14inchers..missed 1 or 2..

Yeah shark you da man! Wish we could have something even close to that. This water here is COLD! Fished nomoco last night from 7-11pm. Got one short fluke and 1 decent blue on bucktail and pork rind.

swim trunks and trout vest bwah hah hah........removing the hook with forceps...bwah hah hah wish you shot some video of that it would have been hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Wish things were going better for guys fishing north of LBI, this is such a great group of guys I hate to even report right now, I dont know what it means for north fishing but south of AC has a very solid body of stripers, there was an all time classic night friday with big fish, I even ventured far south one night to cape may and the fish were violently crashing water every 15-20 mins dead in close but very very pickey, got a few there. I also got my new PB @ 43lbs on a yellow wood northbar, felt great hugging her taking her back out for the release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Great job Shark seems your having a great spring!! I jealous brotha! WTG!
    Yeah that seems like some awesome action. Congrats and please send some our way.
    congrats as well for releasing that cow!

Nice going shark hart. Good job on the release as well.

I fished moco this morning. with high tides at good times for the AM I was hoping for a few stray bass. It wasn't that bad out there. Lots of white water but fishable if you could get past the breakers. Gave it a go with 2 oz diamond jig with yellow tail. Still no fish for me.

It has, I meant to say that, the south wind that is, the days its stiff dead south, it slows down, light southeast has been fine though, you can feel it go up and down 2-5 degrees. The cooler water has beeen holding them in area though I think
    Thanks for the response. Def a strange year for sure.

I allowed a super unexperienced angler from my work to tag along (claimed to be experienced) he showed up in a bathing suit and trout vest, watching him trying to unhook a 38 lber with forceps was priceless. I lost some respect with some hard core guys I know well every time they hooked up my goog buddy would get 10 yards and shine a strong flashlight on them because he wanted to watch as a spectator, i was like dude thats gotta stop!
    Wow that's hilarious! you should have told him no watching get back to fishing! and kept him from the goog zone! Hes lucky to have a friend like you to take him along. Nice report and awesome fish good job.

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    swim trunks and trout vest bwah hah hah........removing the hook with forceps...bwah hah hah wish you shot some video of that it would have been hilarious!
    Def would have love to see that video lol!

Had a small window to fish this afternoon...330-630 outfront..Water was a bit off color and very little weeds but wash definitly fishey..Threw it all x2 not a tap...Real lack of fish up here... Didnt feel like a total skunk since i found a dead thingwait does that sound messed up??LOL

Took a ride to the ocean before work today. didn't fish. The ocean is cleaning up nicely and the rains stopped. Water looked fishy with decent white water but no signs of life. Let's keep our fingers crossed we'll get some fish in the surf soon.

Moco again from 5-7. white water and decent conditions but no bass or blues.

7 bass to 31" and 3 small blues all on plugs all released

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Wow nice going and congrats on the releases as well!

finchaser that's awesome its nice to know there are still some stripers around way to go! buckethead you rarely get skunked this many times in a row.

Do you guys think allot of the stripers are passing offshore this year? I heard they are catching them in massachusetts already.

Dude you can't catch what isn't there. They should have made jersey a one bag limit for bass just like the other states. My .02. This is the worst year ever for me since the 80's.

Nice going guys you can't win it if you're not in it. Fished moco this morning. Incoming tide out back. It was windy but found a place where the wind was at my back. Got one medium blue on yellow bomber.

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post

Do you guys think allot of the stripers are passing offshore this year? I heard they are catching them in massachusetts already.
    I'm sure a lot of them passed offshore. The simple fact is they are migratory fish. They move even when the weather is bad. When the weather is bad and we can't get out to fish they are still moving. I have friends who live in MA who say a new push of bigger fish has arrived.

The other side to that is what jigfreak said. you can't catch - what isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Dude you can't catch what isn't there. They should have made jersey a one bag limit for bass just like the other states. My .02. This is the worst year ever for me since the 80's.
    Totally agree with that. Not doing so just puts NJ at the forefront of the selfishness. This striper fishery is not healthy. We should be able to pick small bass from rocks or jetty areas this time of year without trying too hard. Same for the rivers. That's just not the case here. This is my worst year in a long time as well.
    Congrats on the fish finchaser. I'm sure you worked hard for them. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    We should be able to pick small bass from rocks or jetty areas this time of year without trying too hard. Same for the rivers. That's just not the case here. This is my worst year in a long time as well.
    Congrats on the fish finchaser. I'm sure you worked hard for them. Well done.
    I agree. Shrewsbury and Navesink were usually money for me this time of year. When the bunker were here there were some decent fish on em. What is so noticeable is those rivers used to be loaded with schoolies. This year and last not so much. I don't know if its runoff of oxygen levels but it really sucks now. Kudos on the catch finchaser.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast