Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surfcasters attention! Push to ban jetty fishing!

Guys, I'm thinkin the time is coming where we may have to be willing to be ticketed and/or arrested to prevent our rights from being taken away. Who's with me?

I know it's a big step; lot easier to let other guys do the work, take the risk. But we all suffer if we lose access. As bunkerjoe or someone else said, access lost is almost impossible to get back.

I am a member on other sites, and trying to see what happens at Shoreham, those guys are really getting the royal screwing!

If it comes down to it, we may need to protest, or see our rights taken away. Don't think 5 or 10 guys will cut it. I'm thinking we will need at least 25, or maybe 50 or more to have an impact. Then we could call the press, and get this thing out in the media.

Eventually, the towns would have to grant access and come up with some kind of agreement. But many are hesitating to make the first move to draw the line in the sand, and say we will not accept it anymore.

So I'm in - if there is something going on in NY, I will make the drive to protest. NJ, Delaware, anywhere else something is happening, I'm willing to give an hand. Anyone from another state who reads this, if I can help, let me know.

I will not let this happen in my lifetime, or at least without a serious protest.

Was bored at work today and searching some old posts. Pretty ironic there is now no need to ban jetty fishing because there are hardly any jetties left in NJ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12