Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for August 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Thanks guys just so you know I am not out front

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

atta boy on the stripers mr finchaser dude thats awesome. we started catching fish again with the cool nights but its 98% blues. got sum last nite up to 8pounds. lots of peanut bunker around this should be a great fall.

oh and we were not out front either it was in the back.

Fantastic catching. All on rubber we use the pink zooms a lot for weakfish down here at night but it has been slow. Very nice stripering finchaser!

This morning 4 to 6 AM released 3 bass to 28" and 2 blues in the 3 # range then the boat traffic ended the catching and sent it back to fishing

Finchaser nice work. Fished out front moco this morning. Great conditions, caught the skunk.

Nice job Finchaser! I got out Wednesday night for a while managed to find a spunky 24in bass on a mag darter dropped another and caught a fluke on a mucho minnow..Lots of bait where i was..I was snagging spearing every couple casts..If i had less wind to deal with i may have done better..It was a beautiful late summer night..and the bass made it that much better...Things are setting up nice with all the bait thats been around..

Nicely done finchaser. Fished the back in OC last night. A few very small cocktails and 2 small weakies on fin s. Bait everywhere I looked.

Awesome news guys. Glad to hear the bass are starting to show.

We got one short striper last night using bunker. Still mostly blues and dogs.

fished for kingfish last night on LBI. caught some kingfish using bloodworm scented fishbites and then I get a hard strike. I grab the rod and it hits again and I am hooked up to something a lot bigger than a kingfish. I thought it must be a big doggie, then I thought maybe a skate. whatever it was it felt like a good size fish because he was bulldogging it. I was trying to take it easy too since I had kingfish rig on. Long story short I get it in with a final wave and I see it in the surf it was a black drum. It was approximately 30" long weighing maybe 15 pounds. Unfortunately it broke off right at the lip. Oh well, it was a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Nicely done finchaser. Fished the back in OC last night. A few very small cocktails and 2 small weakies on fin s. Bait everywhere I looked.
    Way to go on the weakies and black drum too much boat traffic where I 've been fishing on weekends so I'm joining them for fluke today

Fished 7-11pm last night water was a bit off color but fishable..moved around a bit and found 1 23in bass that crushed my trusty my Vision sandeel... such a shame they stopped making that lure its a catcher for sure..Im guarding the last 2 i have with my life hahaha..Had 2 other solid bumps that didnt connect..Nice night on the sand.. 1st pic is off the bass on Wednesday night along with the spearing i was snagging....The other bass pic was from last night..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150826_203226.jpg   20150826_212111.jpg  

20150829_205203.jpg  

Nice going guys fished nomoco this morning from 4-6am one bass about 23" on a mini pencil popper. One small blue jumped out of the water too but he never came back. There was a lot of very small bait. Felt like I should have done better with all that bait but at least it was something.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Vision sandeel... such a shame they stopped making that lure its a catcher for sure..Im guarding the last 2 i have with my life hahaha.
    They were great I remember during the island beach sandeel invasion they were money. I wonder why someone else has not started making them they could make a lot of bucks!

The Weakfish are in. Found them working over huge schools of peanuts in the barny. Watching them big schools quiver was worth the price of admission. The weaks were picky as hell, only 1 in first two hours but that just pissed me off to try harder. Keeep switching up my angles are rod movement and i managed 4 more before it got light and dropped 2. This was in barny bay.

Nice to hear about the weakfish. Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    whatever it was it felt like a good size fish because he was bulldogging it. I was trying to take it easy too since I had kingfish rig on. Long story short I get it in with a final wave and I see it in the surf it was a black drum. It was approximately 30" long weighing maybe 15 pounds. Unfortunately it broke off right at the lip. Oh well, it was a pleasant surprise.
    Great catch(almost) and story. Heard the red and black drum are making a comeback in nj.
    Thanks for sharing.

took the kayak out in the Mullica river headed towards the closest bridge. The current was pretty strong but was able to maneuver my outback into an eddy (my buddy could not do it in his pa 14 LOL I had to act as a tug boat to help him position LOL) caught steady fish in there- 1st cast- small striper- then multiple catfish catches one perch for me. Tide shifted and started heading out and caught a snapper blue on the bottom . My buddy did pretty much the same but caught more perch.
    The Mullica is loaded with sickly looking bunker. Jetskiers kept trying to tell us there were schools of snapper blues all over the river...yeah, thanks but they are bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    The Weakfish are in. Found them working over huge schools of peanuts in the barny. Watching them big schools quiver was worth the price of admission. The weaks were picky as hell, only 1 in first two hours but that just pissed me off to try harder. Keeep switching up my angles are rod movement and i managed 4 more before it got light and dropped 2. This was in barny bay.
    Thanks for that. A friend of mine has been trying but said they are awful hard to catch with all the bait around. Nice work.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast