Thread: Cape May Trip

Default Cape May Trip

Took the day off from everything and took my girl to Cape May and Wildwood. first time to CM, the cleanliness and beauty of this historic shore town was amazing to me. Found out they have an abundance of dogfish down there, seems like even more than up here.

And they say dogfish are endangered?

Also, the water was pretty cold, seemed like in the high 50's.

Some pics from the trip:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p 7-12-08 003.jpg  

the inlet, fisherman's wharf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p 7-12-08 025.jpg   p 7-12-08 016.jpg  

p 7-12-08 017.jpg  

Forgot the kid's name on the left, fishin with his buddy, having a blast catching dogfish.

guy on the right is Anthony from Poughkeepsie, down for the week with his family.

I can't believe they say dogfish are endangered, this beach was infested with em.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p 7-12-08 030.jpg   p 7-12-08 034.jpg  

p 7-12-08 033.jpg  

Cool pics fish! Have a friend who goes para-sailing every year there. Did you give that a try?

lighthouse area
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p 7-12-08 047.jpg   p 7-12-08 048.jpg  

p 7-12-08 049.jpg   p 7-12-08 052.jpg  

If there are snakes I'm out.

No worries, Katie, the snakes are in cages, the wildlife display by the lighthouse. Otherwise, it's a great family place, would recommend it highly. And it really wasn't crowded for a hot Saturday in July.

How about George Clooney?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieTuna View Post
    Cool pics fish! Have a friend who goes para-sailing every year there. Did you give that a try?
    Charlie, we tried to make it a low budget trip, so no parasailing. We did watch a few of them for awhile, pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by katiefishes View Post
    How about George Clooney?
    Katie, if you're looking for George Clooney, didn't see him there, but I wasn't paying attention to signs of George Clooney. Now if you asked me about the beautiful bikinis, it was all I could do when walking with my girlfriend not to snap my neck out of its socket as the hotties walked by.

There is a subtle trick to this, guys. You move your eyes, not your neck, and it helps if you have dark sunglasses. Screw up by craning your neck to drool at even one hottie, and your trip with your girlfriend automatically turns into an argument.

Sounds like a great place. I'll have to make the trip.

Been there a few times, good early season spot, nothing compares to the CM rips in late April.

Spent a couple of weeks in the past summers there. Can't wait to return.