Thread: Fishing Industry dying

Hybrid View

Default Fishing Industry dying

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Wow what a bummer

In 10 years with all these restrictive regulations and closures I wonder how red lobster will get its fish.

they don't want recreational fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    they don't want recreational fisherman
    Yes this is happening all along the eastern seaboard. I have friends who live in massachusetts who say the federal government has put a lot of fishermen out of business. I can imagine a day in the not too distant future where the only commercial fishermen will be huge factory operations.

Obama administration has been pushing fish shares since day one when he put Dr. Lubichinco who has been replaced by her then assistant in charge of NOAA

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    In 10 years with all these restrictive regulations and closures I wonder how red lobster will get its fish.
    It will be all tilapia and swai. Yum yum.

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    It will be all tilapia and swai. Yum yum.

If that day ever happens I will stop eating fish. Did any of you folks ever see the conditions for raising tilapia and swai? Bassically they raise them in polluted river systems. People pee and poo in that water! They raise fish in the same water. Then ship to the us when they harvest them. They should call tilapia the miracle poo fish because it survives in the nastiest waters available. If you dont believe me check it on youtube or facebook.

I would not want anyone in my family to be involved in party, charter boat, or commercial fishing. The future does not look too good.

With the regulations being the way they are more and more pb's are being sold. See this every year, how come the congressmen are not helping?

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    If that day ever happens I will stop eating fish. Did any of you folks ever see the conditions for raising tilapia and swai? Bassically they raise them in polluted river systems. People pee and poo in that water! They raise fish in the same water. Then ship to the us when they harvest them. They should call tilapia the miracle poo fish because it survives in the nastiest waters available. If you dont believe me check it on youtube or facebook.
    http://www.picovine.com/health-exper...&utm_source=FB

check this out

sooooooo nasty.