Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Default NJ Fishing Reports for September 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

NJ Fishing Reports for September 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here.....
    2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach, think before ya post.....

3. Location -
    Out front....
    out back.....
    or the county...

further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4. Moderation...
    I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
    If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group!

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post. If you began to register and can't post, check your spam folder for your activation instructions.
    If you are not able to post or have problems logging on, making sure this is correct will most likely fix your problem. Thanks.

Late Summer Recap
    September is usually a great month for fishing, as local waters cool down and back bay areas get filled up with bait.

Some observations.....
    1. The highly touted Montauk summer bite of larger fish has started up again, but mostly in the RIPS and Elbow........
    People who claim how healthy the fishery is would be well-advised to turn the pages back 15 years and compare the catches then, to now....
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8039-Why-are-there-no-fish-in-Montauk-right-now

2. There has been a resurgence of a bite at Orient Point...
    Again, anyone claiming this fishery to be healthier than ever, should turn those same pages back 10-15 years, and see what the Captains were catching then, as compared to now....

3.Several of the usual Secondary locations have been dead or holding very few bass......despite tremendous bait concentrations in those areas......

I sincerely hope that will change in the next 30 days or so....
    Wishing all readers and their families Best of luck for the Fall....

This morning 2 to 5 AM released 5 bass to 29" and 2 cocktail blues

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Excellent to hear finchaser. fished moco this morning on the incoming tide. It was pretty low when I got out there. Lots of spearing and rainfish have showed up in the surf. Only one large stargazer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    This morning 2 to 5 AM released 5 bass to 29" and 2 cocktail blues
    You are out there fishing at 2am? That is some dedication very cool.

Played the tide 11 PM to 3 AM last night had 7 bass to 26" all on pink finesse

finchaser love the reports. Everyone else is whining about beach replenishment no bass waiting for the fall run to start and you are out there every night getting base hits or at least trying to get onto base. Way to go sir.
    I was out in the back last night. Some snapper blues and a hickory shad saved me from the skunk. Bait was everywhere. I went with a chicken scratch bomber and teaser. All fish hit the teaser.

He's right you are making all us younger whippersnappers look like mommas boys because you are fishing no matter what and most of us are slackers! Nice job

Must be that magic pond. Or maybe he sprinkles fairy dust on the water before he casts into it. whatever it is he's got the touch. Fished out back moco tonight and there was all this bait jumping out of the water being chased by small snappers. Spearing and peanut bunker in the house. Even found a few mashed up ones where I was. No love for me. Congrats finchaser hope you aren't offended. I'm just feeling a little googanish at not being able to find one striper or blue. I think the table is set and the next 2 weeks can only get better.

I agree with the table is set analogy. Fished in the back of rb tonight around a harbor. Lord there was so much bait. The water was real warm tho and I got the skunk. Once that water gets a little cooler it will be a very bad time to be a bunker or mullet.

tonight 11pm to 1:30 AM south wind shut it down as usual 2 bass to 20 " my partner had a teaser on and was inundated by shad

Wind from the south fish shut their mouth. A serving of skunk for me last night as well.

That's old school. Wind from the east fish bite the least. Wind from the north dont go forth. Wind from the west fish bite best. Wind from the south fish shut their mouths. Hey sometimes you just have to be out there. Congrats on the catching and perseverance FC. Looks like we're in for some wind in the next 48 hours.

There's a small craft advisory from tropical depression Fred.
    http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/

Storm is 2700 miles from here and headed NE
    This weather is from a cold front and low moving out of Carolina's

Just a little windy out tonight. Went out back for a few hours to find a place with the wind at my back and fish the incoming. One short bass on rubber jig and a nice whack that came back with scratch marks but not chopped. Hoping it was a nicer weakie but I never saw the fish so can't be sure. Best of luck this weekend with the crowds and insanity fellas. Already saw one drunk driving checkpoint so far.

Fish 10:30 pm to 2 AM released 9 bass to 29" all on jig head and 5 " DOA my partner had 7

Holy moly you are crushing it congrats! Guess burning the midnight oil does pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    Holy moly you are crushing it congrats! Guess burning the midnight oil does pay off.
    tides are right and bait and wind are good too except fot the south winds where I am in the back

Next week back to mornings

Fished moco from 5-6 hoping for a stray bass. The surf was a little big and not much success. Was tossing an ava with green tail. Managed 2 cocktail blues. Thought I spotted some mullet beyond the surf break but it was a little difficult to tell with the rougher water.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast