Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    tides are right and bait and wind are good too except fot the south winds
    I think the fishing might be better around the top of the tide and agree. I'm too old to get up at 1am to fish the night time any more. I salute you sir for doing that. I also agree about the south wind today it was ESE. I really don't like that south wind.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    I think the fishing might be better around the top of the tide and agree. I'm too old to get up at 1am to fish the night time any more. I salute you sir for doing that. I also agree about the south wind today it was ESE. I really don't like that south wind.
    It wears me out some times too I'm 66 but my 3 older friends, who fish with me one of which is 76 gives me the when I was your age sermon. He's with me almost daily as we don't fish alone much anymore.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Another boat beached himself at the false hook last night. Looks to be a 20' walk around.

On Saturday some friends of mine at the marina said someone had to rescue a man from a Hobie sailboat that overturned in Sandy Hook Bay. it took awhile for them to find him. A few rescue boats were involved.

Went to go fishing last night in the back. way too many people and people partying on the beach. will be back at it this week hopefully some stripers will show up.

fished the lower Mullica river. Got a bunch of snappers on light tackle and one 13-14" schoolie Striper. I also got a baby weakfish on fishbites- good to see that. I am glad its labor day- the fishing should be less crowded.

I was happy to see the crowds diminish as well. moco this morning there wasn't much going on.
    The ocean was pretty calm. I did see some mullet in the surf.
    nothing much was bothering them Though. skunk for me

Fished on Saturday had 2 keeper fluke and 2 shorts before switching over to porgies. We managed 8 nice keepers before running out of bait.

Sunday we covered many miles of water to find 5 short fluke. Almost happy to see Fluke 2015 come to a close; what a terrible year for most.

Monday we went 60 miles offshore in a friend's boat. We found plenty of fish about 10 miles away from the fleet. Ended up with a 5 man limit of yellowfin and all the skippies you could want. The albies were mixed in but nowhere near as thick as last time. Jigs and chunks both working equally well.

Wow that's a very respectable haul you managed there.
    what about those skipjacks do they taste like other tuna and how do you prepare them? Thanks

Sashimi galore- nice!!!!

Awesome job John...Got out this am from 730-130pm...Covered ALOT of sand and could only find 2 fluke!!!! ....1 was 14in the other 17in...What a bummer this fluke season has been ...Lots and lots of spearing and snappers in the wash caught about 20 snappers and live lined the smaller ones with no luck....Also saw a school of happy mullet just cruising the wash with out a worry in the world...Was thinking of going back out this evening but its to friggin hot out!!LOL...Cant wait for those fall temps....On a positive note its nice to have the beaches back...Was all alone for a good portion of the morning

Thanks for the reports gents. I worked some structure in moco last night. There was a ****load of bait. Nothing for me.

Blazing I remember reading where your wife was pregnant. Did you guys have the baby yet? If so congrats. Boy or girl?

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    Wow that's a very respectable haul you managed there.
    what about those skipjacks do they taste like other tuna and how do you prepare them? Thanks
    Not sure, I have never eaten one myself.

I was always under the impression that they were not good table fare. After some Google searches it looks like some people enjoy eating them and others don't. Most recommend eating them in sushi or sashimi.

I didn't keep any myself but maybe next time if we don't have any real tuna I will bring one home myself to try.

I was under the impression that the guy who was with us kept these two for shark bait.

Good going jb. A buddy of mine got into some albies yesterday within a half mile from shore. went looking for them this morning but could not find anything but a few small blue fish on the metal that I was throwing. Will try for them later in the week.

Out in moco this morning fishing the high tide. A little drizzle with some small rollers. Mullet were definitely travelling through. Picked up 2 short bass and one small bluefish with a buck and pork around first light.

Cool maybe the mullet will get the stripers and blues biting again.

Nice job on the catching.

Well I must be the worlds biggest idiot. Went out last night to a river in monmouth county. There was mountains of small bait. Saw some fish jumping but must of been snapper blues. Didn't see any stripers or bigger fish. I casted a black bomber, and a SP for over an hour. Not a sniff on these 2 killer lures. Am I doing something wrong or will we have to wait a while for bigger fish to show up where all this bait is? thanks

They are feeding on peanuts adn mullet. Give them what they are eating and you will catch. Honestly the catching hasn't been that great for us and we are using fresh bait every night. Last night we got a few blues to 6pounds early evening. Tossing fresh mullet and peanut bunker. The problem is there is so much bait and so few schools of fish chasing them other than the snappers.
    There is not too many reasons for them to hit a plug unless you find a place where they are less concentrated. Then you will have a better chance. Or just get yourself a cast net and throw fresh out there. Stripers should be here soon. In the meantime good luck you can't catch them from the couch.

Good point thanks. No fish on the couch love that! Fall is just around the corner gents let's go fishing.
    I fished nomoco last nite and got the skunk. Like others said there is bait all over. Soon it will be very sad to be a mullet or peanut bunker!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast