Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Nice trys guys the table is set. Fish should be on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    They are feeding on peanuts adn mullet. Give them what they are eating and you will catch. Honestly the catching hasn't been that great for us and we are using fresh bait every night. Last night we got a few blues to 6pounds early evening. Tossing fresh mullet and peanut bunker. The problem is there is so much bait and so few schools of fish chasing them other than the snappers.
    There is not too many reasons for them to hit a plug unless you find a place where they are less concentrated. Then you will have a better chance. Or just get yourself a cast net and throw fresh out there. Stripers should be here soon. In the meantime good luck you can't catch them from the couch.
    Always appreciate your wisdom dude thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    Thanks for the reports gents. I worked some structure in moco last night. There was a ****load of bait. Nothing for me.

Blazing I remember reading where your wife was pregnant. Did you guys have the baby yet? If so congrats. Boy or girl?
    baby is due Oct 18th...And we havent found out what we are having...Its gonna be a surprise!....Plan on getting out tonight hopefully find something...The table is definitly set with all the bait around

9/10/15
    3:30 to 5:30 released 9 bass to 29" all on DOA

9/11/15
    4 to 6 AM Released 6 bass to 30 " again all on DOA

My friend kept this one that was gut hooked he had 17 in the past 2 days

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Wow awesome report! A guy was saying on the internet about the stripers don't bite until the water temperatures go down. Guess he was a little off on that! Congrats. I fished cape may last night before dark and got 2 small kingfish on fishbites.

Great catching finchaser congratulations to you. Fish looks nice and healthy.

Nice finchaser!! Im gonna buy a drone and have it follow you to that honey hole your fishing LOL!!!Fished last night 730-1130pm...Saw lots of mullet when i first walked up on the spot..schools left and right with some smaller blow ups in them..Made a few casts and found some smaller blues in the schools about 3-4lbs..landed 2 on a mag..Moved down the beach and fished with all i had in the bag but nothing...Water was clean and saw more mullet and spearing in the wash...Lots of bait around now we just some bass to find it..Hopefully some cooler nights will start to get hings going.....

Oh and here is a heads up for some of the new guys out there...When your fishing at night DONT KEEP YOUR HEAD LIGHT ON THE WHOLE TIME!!!! Drives me and others out there CRAZY!! Between shining in the water and then my eyes it was real annoying..Had at least 2-3 guys do that last night!!!iF YOUR THAT SCARED OF THE DARK DONT FISH AT NIGHT!!!!!!!....Sorry rant over...

Nice work finchaser good to see you getting into the fish. I got out a little earlier this morning knowing this afternoon's forecasted rain might dirty up the water a bit. Found surf and conditions that were a lot calmer than the other day. It was funny because I was out last night and got the skunk. This morning with the mullet around the action was a little better. Picked up 3 short fat bass from first light until the sun started to rise. Tossed a popper this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post

Oh and here is a heads up for some of the new guys out there...When your fishing at night DONT KEEP YOUR HEAD LIGHT ON THE WHOLE TIME!!!! Drives me and others out there CRAZY!! Between shining in the water and then my eyes it was real annoying..Had at least 2-3 guys do that last night!!!iF YOUR THAT SCARED OF THE DARK DONT FISH AT NIGHT!!!!!!!....Sorry rant over...
    ROFL so true! Even had that happen to me during the full moon. That's what the moonlight is for to help you see out there and not put on lights so guys won't know when you're catching. Almost as bad as the guys who come up to the beach where the parking lots are right there and shine their headlights on to see who is fishing and what they're catching. so irritating!

Great to hear about the action gents. Fished to the north this morning with tsunami eels. I know sand eels are not here yet but for some reason I felt like using them thought they might bring some luck. They did bring me luck one got chopped in half by a bluefish. Tossed another one out and hooked into a decent blue about 8lbs a nice surprise for me. Then kept fishing for a bit after I switched to a bucktail and teaser. Got 2 short fluke. This was all around sunrise and a little after. Mullet were all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    baby is due Oct 18th...And we havent found out what we are having...Its gonna be a surprise!....Plan on getting out tonight hopefully find something...The table is definitly set with all the bait around
    I read that too and thought you had the baby by now. Enjoy your freedom now because you will be limited in fishing trips once he or she gets here. Congrats anyway it's a good feeling to bring someone else into this world. You may even get a new fishing partner out of it.

In the back last night. change of tide. Managed 4 runt bass on a yozuri crystal minnow. As others have said the water in some places is absolutely loaded with small bait. I'll go out on a limb and say we should have a great fall if we don't get hit with some bad hurricanes.

What^he said and I'm in the back also

Nice work gents. picked up a handful of short bass last night in the back.
    All on small black sluggos and light jig head.

Very calm waters with the west wind this morning. I opted to start out a bit earlier as I have been. Managed 4 short stripers and a small blue on a small surface popper. Ocean side They were very aggressive with all the mullet around. Missed a few as well. Once there was a hint of color in the sky it was over.

Good going. I fished mo co fri night in the rain and got the skunk. May get out again mid week. Good luck fellas. Its a positive sign to hear of some bass being caught.

fished IBSP yesterday afternoon. saw bait being chased in the surf zone. Not sure what it was, probably blues chasing mullet. Did not hook up on anything.

FYI heads up this morning out front bass were there on poppers at first light chasing mullet started yesterday afternoon at dusk Northwest turned them on. I wasn't there but was informed by the guys I fish with over 20 were landed and released

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Taking a cue from monte with his tom fote post lol.
    Finally the fish are poking their noses into all that food! Let the games begin!
    Walking out to the beach now, wish me luck.

mullet running the beach it's about time. Thanks for the info hope to get out there this week or fri at latest.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast