Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Thanks for the reports. It seems to me this fall the stripers have definitely started. More like a dull roar than a run. Lots of reports of activity then it drops off for a while. Meanwhile the back bays and rivers are all loaded with bait. Why would they not be there every night with all that bait? Any thoughts?

Don't know how long you have been fishing but what we have now is crap compared to 10 years ago. Used to be you could catch 15 and 20 lb bass in NJ all summer. Now those fish are like hens teeth. my .02

What jigfreak said is spot on. The striped bass have been close to wiped out. Conditions very similar to what we had in the late 70's and 80's.

Fished last night got the skunk. Fished moco this morning between 5-8a. Very foggy out there. Water dirty in some places. In others it's not that bad. Managed 5 bass on bucktail and pork. 2 were legal 10 and 9#. All released.

Monmouth county from 5pm to 8:45. In the beginnining it seemed like I was going to get into some great blitzes. There was fish blowing up on bait but they were way too far out. Hung out and tried some different beaches. I was trying those small poppers you guys are always saying to use. Nada. About an hour before dark I saw some more splashes in close so started casting the small ava with green tail. There was lots of blues that wanted that. Got a bunch. missed a lot too they would pick at it and turn away. These were small snapper size and slightly bigger but not by much. I had fun. Hardly anyone else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Water dirty in some places. In others it's not that bad.
    Nice going on the stripers! I didn't see any- only blues but they could have been there. That was probably the blow ups I saw out of casting range. You are right about the water. Where I was tonight it was pretty clean and wind was pretty mild.

Way to get out there in spite of the looming bad weather forecast. bucket head and jig always enjoy your reports and your honesty even when you get skunked. You put a lot of time in on the water. Thanks for sharing and your thoughts on the striped bass as well.

Big bluefish came into the bay yesterday. Got a few on fresh peanut bunker. Up to 12pounds. No stripers. Back out again tonight to try. don't believe the hype about fish not biting on a full moon.

Awesome! you guys are lucky. I fished last night got blanked.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Don't know how long you have been fishing but what we have now is crap compared to 10 years ago. Used to be you could catch 15 and 20 lb bass in NJ all summer. Now those fish are like hens teeth. my .02
    what he said those days are gone fish are DEAD

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    What jigfreak said is spot on. The striped bass have been close to wiped out. Conditions very similar to what we had in the late 70's and 80's.

Fished last night got the skunk. Fished moco this morning between 5-8a. Very foggy out there. Water dirty in some places. In others it's not that bad. Managed 5 bass on bucktail and pork. 2 were legal 10 and 9#. All released.
    What he said^^^

Fished yesterday and this AM water like a sewer this NE cankiss it took the

Can't win em all finchaser. You had such a successful streak I was beginning to think you were invincible.
    Quick question would you continue fishing rubber with this weather and dirty water or would you make the switch to Bucktails and pork rinds? Thanks

Nice going on the bluee leadhead I really hope they stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Can't win em all finchaser. You had such a successful streak I was beginning to think you were invincible.
    Quick question would you continue fishing rubber with this weather and dirty water or would you make the switch to Bucktails and pork rinds? Thanks
    Chartreuse rubber on arrowhead jig or Chartreuse gotcha tail (mr twister style) on smiling bill

Good job fellas.

Two of us fished OC this afternoon and only caught a few small blues. Did not see any bait anywhere or see anyone else catching anything. As the tide came in and it got closer to dark, the sweep and grass in the water got bad where we were and we gave up before it got dark.

I had about the same results too. Fished mo co late afternoon. Overcast and a little rainy it was a thrill to be out there in those conditions. Got a few very small blues on bucktail and pork and one short striper in that magic window before dark.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Chartreuse rubber on arrowhead jig or Chartreuse gotcha tail (mr twister style) on smiling bill
    Thank you Sir.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678