Thread: Looking back on life- things that are meant to be.....

Default Looking back on life- things that are meant to be.....

have you had times in your life where things happened and you questioned life but now looking back you see how it was working in your favor? Does that question make sense?

for example- in 1998 I was driving tractor trailers for a living. I knew there wasn't a future in it for me and I did not like it. I quit my job and started working odd jobs while I looked for something better- I saw an add in the paper and called this company and spoke to the owner on the phone and he said I sounded like the kind of guy he was looking for- he wanted to train me to run his company- I was pumped- but he ended up hiring someone else. I was so bummed that I ended up applying for a job that I had no experience in at all and got the job which turned out to be the career I am in now, which has been exceptionally well for a high school drop out like me.

Wow sounds like your life has had a lot of ups and downs.
    when I was younger and in school I was working in a retail store Kmart. the manager wanted to train me to be an Associate Manager.
    He was away on vacation for a week and some other guy offered me a job in sales. they wanted a college degree and as soon as I finished college I started working for them. looking back it was a much better choice. look around for Kmart now and you will see there are hardly any of them.

It's been said that when one door closes in life another one opens.

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    I was so bummed that I ended up applying for a job that I had no experience in at all and got the job which turned out to be the career I am in now, which has been exceptionally well for a high school drop out like me.
    Hey it doesn't matter what you did in high school or after. All that matters is what you did with what you had. A bud of mine has a successful sign company. He barely made it out of high school and he makes more money than me. They have cranes, and go all over putting up and fixing those parking lot signs. What helped him is he got his girlfriend pregnant in high school. He had to go on the straight and narrow because he had kids. Kids tend to force you to make choices where you need to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Hey it doesn't matter what you did in high school or after.
    Agreed and wasnt really a main point but it is something that i always "preach" that anyone can be successful if they work hard.

That's why you have all the immigrants who want to come to the US. We may have some issues as a country but we are still one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    That's why you have all the immigrants who want to come to the US. We may have some issues as a country but we are still one of the best.
    That's why my Dad came here in 1957.

Interesting thread. I definitely believe things happen for a reason. We can change our direction but sometimes we are drawn to our destinies by unseen forces. Probably God if you believe in him.