Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Did a little better today in the dark. 2 shorts before dawn on bucktail and pork. Short fat and aggressive fish. Quick burst of activity and it was over. 2 hickory shads on the redgill as well. Nice little chop out there, wind from the E/SE.

Fished cm this morning. Lord did that ocean
    look perfect out there. No fish

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Sat Night - No bass where they shoulda been headed back to OC and found 2 rats to at least sorta make it feel like striper fishing.

Sunday am on the boat- I thought it was going to be a windy day skunkaroo but the winds weren't bad and albies saved the day, and there were a lot of them in N mon area mini surface blitzes and birds for hours, had to be hundreds.....maybe a few get into the surf line?

Don't mind any species that will save me from a skunking.

Does anyone know why all these rain fish are sticking around in MoCo/RB this time of year?

I was out on Saturday evening and got 4 short stripers and a handful of hickory shad.

3 came on one of my rain fish teaser and the other on a mag darter.

Just to add to what J Barbosa is asking, I would like to know how come there's all those rain fish around and how come there aren't tons of peanut bunker or adult bunker mixed in with them?

Peanut appear to have left in the northeaster/hurricane and IMO there are no fish to push bunker in

A couple of the tuna boats ran into massive adult bunker schools 5 miles off

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Sunday there was a patch of adult bunker very close to shore right at Monmoth beach with no bass on em, a few dolphins though, In Sept when i was weakfishing there was tons of peanuts and then yesterday after a NE blow they were all gone, which ironically made the weakies hit better not racing through the schools but they didn't stay through oct like they usually would

I was out and about and saw them bunker on Sat. Dolphins galore and no stripers. Very frustrating a few guys were livelining for nothing.
    Fished last night in a different place up in moco in the back. Bagged 2 shorts on rubber. Fished 8-11 out of the wind. Should have been a lot better but I'll take it.

At least you got something. Fished nomoco around the same time. Wind was getting up there and rough surf. Nada.

Went down to the park this morning before work to toss a few casts. Water still a little dirty and surf pretty big. My neighbor nailed some stripers yesterday on clams. I was tossing metal only had an hour. Nothing for me. I would give it another day to clean up. If you want to throw snot its worth it. The fish are there but scattered.

Yeah looked at the surf cam and it def looks like some choc milk. Time for clams and bunker.

Interesting you mention surf cams. I have been checking them out the last week looking for signs of life. I realize you can't see everything on them. Still it looks pretty dead this fall from what I have seen. You rarely see birds in the surf anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    Nothing for me. I would give it another day to clean up. If you want to throw snot its worth it. The fish are there but scattered.
    I agree. Started early this am. I had a Dr appt and limited time. It was bad timing as I started out at exact dead low. Nothing at all for me. May try again tomorrow. The water and conditions aren't that bad. As was said, a little dirty. By tomorrow they should be back to more fishable with the steady NW winds.
    The fish are still there though. A smart sharpie would be fishing clams. I'm too old to sit there in the cold and do the bait and wait game. Good luck gents.

Thanks for the heads up on the water conditions guys.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011