Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Tried to fish moco today from 3:30-6. had about a 30minute period where there seemed to be some bait that you could see past the breaking waves. There was definitely some good bruisers chasing. I casted a lot of things, bucktail, shads, needlefish and no takers. Finally hooked into a nice blue with a big red and white polaris popper. Got him into the surf and he popped off at the beach lip. Not sure, I estimate he was at least an 8 pounder. Was the nicest fish I have had in a while besides fluke.

Solid effort man at least you were rewarded with something. Was the water very dirty where you found the bait?

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    We use to live line adult bunker to them in the 70's teen size fish were common especially from the Long Branch Pier on live spot
    Quick question spot don't seem to be that popular for catching fish in north jersey lately. I realize we didn't have much up here this year. south jersey guys keep spot pens and fish them in the cape may rips. they also fish them in the inlets near my cousins house in long island.
    so why not spot in north jersey that much? Is it they very hard to keep alive or just not that many of them around to catch? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by plugcrazy View Post
    Quick question spot don't seem to be that popular for catching fish in north jersey lately. I realize we didn't have much up here this year. south jersey guys keep spot pens and fish them in the cape may rips. they also fish them in the inlets near my cousins house in long island.
    so why not spot in north jersey that much? Is it they very hard to keep alive or just not that many of them around to catch? thank you
    They work no one uses them, hard to find use to be very abundant

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Last night 8 to 11PM released 5 bass to 26" and a few bluefish all on Chartreuse DOA and jig head my partner had 9 bass to 28" water is like a sewer and down to 66 degrees. That's all she wrote for a while it was nasty out got soaked even with rain gear.

That's some nice catching right there.

Good going finchaser.

hardcore out in those winds last night. Nice job.

Don't bother fishing until monday fellas. Just took a ride from brick to ssp and it's ugly. Waves breaking on the beach at 10-12 feet. Lots of very rough water out there.

Gave it a try in nomoco with bucktails. One missed hit, othewise skunk city.

CMC fished the back last night. Nada, there was some bait but not as much as before the storm.

Thanks for the report we definitely can't catch them from the couch that's for sure! took a look at some of the surf cams. It looks a little dirty but it also looks beautiful and inviting.
    will try to make it out there one night this week. I got a fishy feeling about that water.

Picked up a few bass last night in moco. Sunset and 2 hours after. Yellow SS needle fish. They hit pretty hard. Small fish but fun.

going to try and hit it after work today.

Nice going man I fished moco last nite from 5 till dark got the skunk. Guess I should of stuck around a little later.

Mo co in the am. There was a flurry of actvity around first light into sunrise. Managed 4 shorts. Bucktail and pork. Water has cleaned up pretty well with a slight NNW kick to the wind.

Decided to hit the suds again this afternoon given the success I had this morning. Surf is still cleaning up and looking better. Nothing for me.

Nice going to those that have been catching!! Been real bad for me lately! Tried Tues afternoon into night...Fished from 430pm till 830pm...1 stinkin hickory shad...Wanted to stay longer but had a tooth pulled about 2 hrs before i went out and it was sore as hell by about 7pm...so thats my excuse LOL..

Woke this am about 4 and decided to take a ride close to home to see if the beaches that were covered got any better after the storm.....Im home so posting sooo that means......Nope....Still a barren sand bar....Should have stayed in bed....I got 1 more shot on Friday since the wife will be with her mom all night so i dont have to worry AS much if she decides to go in to labor......Ill find a few fish sooner or later!!

Skunk last night too in the back. I think this storm really messed up the bait concentrations. Have a few friends who were getting fish. It seems like there are pockets of feeding fish in certain places. Other than that slim pickings.

This morning 4 to 6:30 AM released 11 bass to 22" all on 3/4 ounce jig head and 5" pink Pin tail purple also worked. due to tons of rain fish. bigger bait no where to be found

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast