Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Hit the surf after work near IBSP- rough at the lip- water was stained until about 100-150 yards out then was clean. Tried the inlet to see if would be any better- nope chocolate milk. Tried top water , tried bucktail...nada. I know fish were there but nada for me. I noticed small bait tight to the rocks but nothing was after them.

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    I noticed small bait tight to the rocks but nothing was after them.
    Try a teaser next time. I have been doing better around first light.
    Report-managed 2 shorts this morning in the dark tossing a bucktail and pork with a redgill teaser. I noticed some small bait around but not much. The mullet were strangely absent.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    This morning 4 to 6:30 AM released 11 bass to 22" all on 3/4 ounce jig head and 5" pink Pin tail purple also worked. due to tons of rain fish. bigger bait no where to be found

Nice job I noticed the same as well. The mullet I was seeing were nowhere to be found. Just a few patches of small bait, rainfish and spearing.

Fished the back last night. Not much bait around. Only stuff I saw was peanuts in one marina. Did not see any mullet. Bunch of spearing still around though. Picked up one short striper on bucktail. Water is looking good like you said, just not so many fish around.

Worked it in nomoco last nite skunk city! where the heck did all the mullet go?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Worked it in nomoco last nite skunk city! where the heck did all the mullet go?
    Hopefully not South in storm but it sure looks that way

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice job gents. I fished last night in the back cmc near structure. Was sure with the weather and conditions I would be finding the pot of gold with stripers and blues. No such luck. I think the blues have moved out of my area. Could not see any mullet either. Did score on one feisty striper at 24" that took a pink zoom. There is still a lot of rainfish and spearing around like you guys said. I remain hopeful. This can't be the best to come for October.

7-9pm last night in moco. surferman I can identify what you said about the water looking fishy. It looked real fishy to me. Even talked to some bait guys who were fishing clams for stripers. All they got was dogfish. Me I caught the skunk. It was still a beautiful night out to be fishing.

That's the attidude dude! If you are out there and don't catch you might as well enjoy the night and the weather. I think it's perfect right now. The fish may not be here in numbers now. You have to believe they will be soon and it will happen. Good luck all, I'm getting ready to start casting now. Surf doesn't look that bad am hoping for just one striper.

Nothing to report for me but skunk smellage! Fished nomoco just got done. Like I said before conditions were perfect. Water was perfect. Wind was perfect. Surf was perfect. Only someone forgot to tell the stripers because they were swimming somewhere else. Missed one bump that was it for the night. Going to try again this weekend. I have to believe there are some stripers out there in the surf that want to eat.

This morning 4 to 6:30 AM released 5 bass all caught on jig head and Chartreuse DOA tail

I had some trouble finding a fish this morning. Walked a lot of beach front. Finally managed a short bass on bucktail and pork with redgill teaser. Fish hit the teaser. Relatively calm conditions out there. Some white water and slight breeze from the SE. Not much bait in the surf where I was.
    Nice going finchaser.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Only someone forgot to tell the stripers because they were swimming somewhere else. Missed one bump that was it for the night. Going to try again this weekend. I have to believe there are some stripers out there in the surf that want to eat.
    A buddy of mine has started catching in the surf over on long island and was talking about sandeels and bunker. I think we are a week away from some better times with the sand eels coming in from the east. I could be wrong. As you said it's good to be optiimistic. The fishing now is not really that good just a pick here and there.

Fished nomoco last night. Threw the bag. Not a touch for me. pulled out of the gate with a cocktail blue on a bucktail/ pork combo.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    I had some trouble finding a fish this morning. Walked a lot of beach front. Finally managed a short bass on bucktail and pork with redgill teaser. Fish hit the teaser.
    I see you're back using the redgill again. No sand eels and still it works for you? Nice job. finchaser nice work as well. You are the king of rubber. Im the king of dead things but have been in a slump lately.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Fished nomoco last night. Threw the bag. Not a touch for me.
    Maybe that's the problem. Throwing bags in the water don't catch fish unless you put dynamite in the bag.
    Next time try rubber. Last night found some spearing, scattered, in the back. A few fish feeding. Tossed small rubber on 1/2 oz jig for 2 baby stripers.

storming steve the focus of using a redgill doesn't have to be sand eels. They are perfect for when most of what the fish are eating is small bait. They can mimic a rainfish, spearing, or other small forage fish. Try one next time out. Hope that answers your question.

like jigfreak I'm in the back and agree with buckethead have seen no sand eels but the DOA and pintail IMO are a small bait/sandeel profile

Nice going finchaser.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    I see you're back using the redgill again. No sand eels and still it works for you? Nice job. finchaser nice work as well. You are the king of rubber. Im the king of dead things but have been in a slump lately.

Congrats on getting out there. Slim pickings on the dead thing front. Any day now and a whale or dolphin should pop up.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast