Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calimari for J. Barbosa

Default Calimari for J. Barbosa

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

A squid that is 2 stories tall? Gee I am going to have to upsize my squid gear and I have to say that's a lot of calamari.

What I found interesting is that she said the Jellyfish only light up when being attacked the theory being that it will attract a larger predator to scare away the predator trying to eat the jellyfish.

Makes sense when you think about the luminous jellyfish we have here in NJ that light up when touched.

^ I was holding some of those jellyfish in my hand last night....it was pretty cool to see the luminescent part up close....it's in the center....
    We also found one man-o-war jellyfish on the way back in to shore...the cap on it was about 12" in diameter....Monty might have taken a pic of it...not sure....

OK....it's settled then....
    Calamari feast at Finchaser's house next Sunday!!!!!.....

He has a degree from the Culinary Institute....
    He's a fantastic cook...
    He'll be making Zuppa de Pesce....
    Fried calamari......
    Home-made pasta......
    Eggplant parmesan with fresh eggplant.....
    Baked Ziti with hot sausage.....
    And Penne with Vodka.........

Show up at his house, on Sunday....at 8AM sharp...don't be late....

Someone please PM me the address, I'll bring blue crabs.

Sounds delish is finchaser doing all the cooking or do you want us to being something like potatoe salad?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    And Penne with Vodka.........

Show up at his house, on Sunday....at 8AM sharp...don't be late....
    This thread is making me hungry. I'll bring a gallon of Grey Goose. finchaser will you be making the dessert as well?

Awesome. Very nice gesture of you finchaser. You are really starting this at 8am?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Awesome. Very nice gesture of you finchaser. You are really starting this at 8am?
    He's doing this, to show all the fishing community, that he is the nice guy, that he claims to be....
    and not the
    Old,
    Grouchy,
    Basstid
    ...that I keep referring to him as......

In addition to being a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America.....
    He's also quite the pastry chef....and can make any dessert ya's want....just ask ahead of time.....
    He will also be going to his seafood connection.....and buying 2 dozen lobsters and a flat of large size shrimp which he will grill up on the BBQ...
    Along with the fried and grilled calamari.......

Since this is a festive occasion.....
    He has asked that all coming bring some New Years Noisemakers, etc....to make some noise to let the neighbors know he throws the best parties...
    And to show up promptly at 8am Sunday.....

He assures me he will be up at 4am starting to prepare this delicious feast for all of us.....to show us....and shut me up for once and all....that he's not the grouchy basstid I portray him to be.......

His cup is running over with benevolence all of a sudden...get in on this while you can....
    All are welcome.....
    I'll be posting the address details......
    Soon.....
    Stay tuned.....

Rich no offense but have you ever heard the phrase too good to be true?
    Spidey senses say this might be one of those occasions.

His cup is running over with benevolence all of a sudden...get in on this while you can....
    All are welcome.....
    I agree BH. Especially the part about all are welcome. tgtbt
    If he put a disclaimer in there like "except those who voted for obama" it would be much more believable. Just saying, dark.

This is getting confusing. Is there a real bbq or are you guys just messing with us?

DS busting balls but DS should set up a meet so we can all meet. Ball in your court DARKSKIES

All that stuff about you being a graduate of CIA and a fantastic chef are not true either? I was drooling looking at the food list.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    All that stuff about you being a graduate of CIA and a fantastic chef are not true either? I was drooling looking at the food list.
    CIA stuff is true, use to be a chef then decided to sell food is true

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post

Thanks for sharing that finchaser.That was a huge squid. You can see it fully in HD at 6:40. That scientist lady was funny and fascinating. She seemed down to earth. Why don't they put folks like this as head of NOAA instead of the PETA folks like Lubchenko?

Fascinating video thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    DS busting balls but DS should set up a meet so we can all meet. Ball in your court DARKSKIES
    No can do pal...I don't have much time to do all I have to do lately, make $$, fight for fishermens' access, deal with misinformation about "healthy" striped bass populations on various forums, and then make it out there for the night tides.....
    You're the one who wants people to see you as cute and cuddly, instead of the grouchy, ornery, stubborn, cantankerous, ranting fart that you are......

As every day passes, I become more and more like the ol Grouchy one..... (all your fault, BTW..... )

So, to simplify things.....
    I've created the S&A Social Director title........and you're it.
    You're the new Mr Congeniality around here.....they say be careful what ya ask for......

Please be advised, that from now on.... until he goes to the Surf fishing waters in the Sky.....
    Finchaser......OGB.....is the new official S&A social director.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finchaser badge.gif 
Views:	10 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	18697

All social events will be coordinated through Finchaser......he can hire any interns he wants....for this prestigious unpaid position......
    Congrats on your new title.....and Best of Luck to Ya!

DS

You're the one who wants people to see you as cute and cuddly, instead of the grouchy, ornery, stubborn, cantankerous, ranting fart that you are......

Love the badge the loaded gun makes it epic. A few questions DS. I can't imagine finchaser being cute and cuddly. I picture him more like the old salt fisherman statue who used to be at the back of the manasquan inlet. Also is there a difference between an old fart and a ranting fart? That difference sounds important. Inquiring minds want to know.

You're the one who wants people to see you as cute and cuddly,
    Be careful he's going to send Carmine and Tony Soprano to your house. You will disappear in a black limo never to be seen again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast