Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Lots of driving this afternoon. End of Occo. Then up and down in Moco. One short on popper at sunset. Seems like the shad are still around too. It looks like the bass might be off the beach. Saw a few boats clustered up. Hope they were catching. Didn't see much in close where I stopped and fished at.

Ive been soo busy with the new addition to our family..Little Lucas James...That fishing has been on the back burner past 2-3 weeks....I finally got a chance Friday night when mom inlaw came down and helped my wife with the lil dude...I fished hard from 7pm till almost 2am tried 3 spots that have always produced fish for me this time of year.....Came up with a total SKUNK!! My buddy who met me out there did manage 1 short but not a tap for me....I no i havent been out much the past few weeks but put alot of hrs in before that..and yes hands down my WORST fall to date...Hell my WORST season lto date spring included.....As always its great to get out and get some salt in my lungs i just hope next time some fish are around to make it that much better

I agree with you have not been fishing for decades like some of you guys here but this is the worst fall for me to far. The big blues saved the spring afaiac but striper fishing from the jersey shore has been meh. jmo. Fished somoco this am from 5-7. Skunk for me too. Very flat ocean with not a lot of stuff going on that I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Ive been soo busy with the new addition to our family..Little Lucas James...That fishing has been on the back burner past 2-3 weeks...
    Just noticed that you said you had a new addition. Catch of a lifetime, your first? congrats man! Always enjoy your reports and enthusiasm. I find them very positive and a good guage of what's happening out there. All the best to you and your family and congrats Dad!

Thanks Bass !! Yeah its our first..Pretty amazing thing becoming a Dad! Def best catch EVER!!...And thanks for the kind words on the reports...I try to be a glass half full guy for most things in my life...Including fishing!! Lets hope we get a shot at some fish the next few weeks even if its just some schoolies

Hey Blazing 420 congratulations as well! If I could ask you guys there is a lot of guys catching nothing now and I get that the stripers have been hit hard by all the charter and party boats getting them when the fishing is good. I read on another site that its over pack up your stuff. Some guys were joking that they were selling all of it. Does anyone here think the fish have past us by since they do not seem to even be up in montauk? Any thoughts as to why this fall is so weird? thanks

Heard of some stripers still up in the far north so we might have some life left. "Heard" is not as good as seeing them so I have to say I'm not sure either. Guys aren't really doing that great in the CM rips yet so not much going on in our area.
    blazin congrats on your new addition maybe you can get a new fishing partner out of it.

Well they are in the raritan because all those boats are singing its striper time. Fished the hook last night and you all prob know they closed the end of it. So you can't fish there any more. Fished for 4 hours with a sp and a teaser. Got one 23 inch short and a few hickory shad. I don't understand how come if the raritan fishing is so great they are not all over sandy hook?
    Will try again one night this week.

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    Just noticed that you said you had a new addition. Catch of a lifetime, your first? congrats man! Always enjoy your reports and enthusiasm. I find them very positive and a good guage of what's happening out there. All the best to you and your family and congrats Dad!
    x2. Good luck with your first. It gets easier after that. Think about getting your wife a spa treatment, or at least fingers and toes done at the nail spa, and she will really appreciate it. It will help with the post partum depression.
    Went out again. Got up early and worked some moving water in moco for 4 hrs till sunrise. 1 rat bass on rubber shad and then a monster blue. Went to bucktail after that and got 2 more gorillas. There were peanuts where I was fishing so the big blues might be here at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Ive been soo busy with the new addition to our family..Little Lucas James...That fishing has been on the back burner past 2-3 weeks....I finally got a chance Friday night when mom inlaw came down and helped my wife with the lil dude...I fished hard from 7pm till almost 2am tried 3 spots that have always produced fish for me this time of year.....Came up with a total SKUNK!! My buddy who met me out there did manage 1 short but not a tap for me....I no i havent been out much the past few weeks but put alot of hrs in before that..and yes hands down my WORST fall to date...Hell my WORST season lto date spring included.....As always its great to get out and get some salt in my lungs i just hope next time some fish are around to make it that much better
    Congrats on your new addition dude and thanks for trying to keep it positive. We need some good vibes. Or some stripers. Or some good bud and blackberry brandy for the november nights when it gets colder. Or the Mets to win the series for once instead of almost! We need something to hope for.

Drove to a county up north last night for some better fishing. Picked up 6 of a little better size than I have been seeing. Near high tide and outgoing. 5-13 lbs. Magdarter and larger darters worked. One bigger blue between 10-11 lbs as well. All still swimming.

Great report thanks for sharing. Road trip!

Thank you for the report. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Drove to a county up north last night for some better fishing. Picked up 6 of a little better size than I have been seeing. Near high tide and outgoing. 5-13 lbs. Magdarter and larger darters worked. One bigger blue between 10-11 lbs as well. All still swimming.
    Great it seems like you put a hard work in glad you got some. Thanks for the releases we need some in Cape May.

Another perfect night in moco for me. Another perfect skunk! Finchaser nice going beautiful stripers but boat fish don't count!

Oh and nice going on the release as well.

Nice stripers finchaser I read there was a hot bite in ocean county congrats on the fish. I was out last night fishing hard. 41/2 hours later not much to show for it. I decided to give it 5 minutes more before I went home and got a 22 in striper on a yellow north bar plug. I totally agree about the perfect conditions. It really does seem like the stripers have declined. The boats are killing them and doing well. We should do that well too or at least have some stripers on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Another perfect night in moco for me. Another perfect skunk! Finchaser nice going beautiful stripers but boat fish don't count!
    I know they don't count but they are fun to catch and release on my way now that the fog has lifted

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

The OFFC, with the guidance of a friend, tried many new locations in MC yesterday with the same results. NO fish. tried plugging for a few hours at dark and finally lost the skunk with a 23" bass on a mag darter. Not much for 3 people and and hours of fishing.

Nice fish, Fin.....just to qualify, he wasn't snagging and dropping.....snagged the bunker...put them back out on a circle hook...and paying attention to what he was doing....outfished his fishing partner for that day, by 3:1.
    The stories of dead fish laying on the surface are believable and sad...There were guys on the radio complaining about the new striper limits....and some of them were probably culling fish....

When people are in the middle of feeding fish...that experience tends to be what they see...every time they speak about bass....and will strongly state how solid the bass population is...because they have "seen it"......
    More on that in this thread
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...term-over-used
    Thanks for the report, Fin...glad to see ya get into some quality fish.....
    Hope your success continues today.....

Quote Originally Posted by fishjay View Post
    The OFFC, with the guidance of a friend, tried many new locations in MC yesterday with the same results. NO fish. tried plugging for a few hours at dark and finally lost the skunk with a 23" bass on a mag darter. Not much for 3 people and and hours of fishing.

This kills me to read it......
    If folks reading this report knew you guys like I do....a combined total of over 150 years fishing experience among these three members of the OFFC....they might understand my sadness with all that ground you covered.....

Folks, these are some of the old-timers I talk about all the time......I am forever grateful for the pearls of wisdom they have shared with me over the years....they know the bites...they know the patterns....they know how to find a few fish (when there are more than a few scattered bites)......
    It is a little disheartening and depressing......

As others have said....
    "Ya can't catch...what ain't there"
    There are plenty of fish in the middle...it's on the edges where we notice the drop, and see things more clearly.

The OFFC, being retired, have more time to fish than most...and will be back out again....I've seen you three on the beach plugging away.....hours after most of the others have given up and gone home.....

I can only hope that things will improve slightly....that's all you guys ask for.....just a chance to catch a few fish....it's what turns a sad, sour, trip into one that brings you happiness....

We're not asking for much here Lord....just a few....but please, in your benevolence, bring some more opportunities to these fishermen....who work so hard.....
    Amen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast