Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Default NJ Fishing Reports for November 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

There are a few things to remember about the surf cams. They only show a certain area unless you view one that has panning features. There could be a blitz a mile up or down the beach and you would never know. They are helpful if you are looking at a few of them to get a sense of the swell that day. Of course if you see a bunch of little dots in the distance all clustered around you know either it is opening day of blackfish, fluke, etc, or they are out there bailing stripers or blues. The way this season is going you might not see it on the cam. Isolated patches of fish except for up in the raritan bay where they are doing pretty well.
    The best way to know if there are fish is to go out there and actually try fishing for them.

Speaking of cams the manasquan cam is still down. The site is surfchex. I read they were going to have it moved by november. So any day now it should be back.

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    Speaking of cams the manasquan cam is still down. The site is surfchex. I read they were going to have it moved by november. So any day now it should be back.

It's back for for HD it looks worse now

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished moco. One of the most perfect nights out there so far. Total skunk!

Lots of driving this afternoon. End of Occo. Then up and down in Moco. One short on popper at sunset. Seems like the shad are still around too. It looks like the bass might be off the beach. Saw a few boats clustered up. Hope they were catching. Didn't see much in close where I stopped and fished at.

Ive been soo busy with the new addition to our family..Little Lucas James...That fishing has been on the back burner past 2-3 weeks....I finally got a chance Friday night when mom inlaw came down and helped my wife with the lil dude...I fished hard from 7pm till almost 2am tried 3 spots that have always produced fish for me this time of year.....Came up with a total SKUNK!! My buddy who met me out there did manage 1 short but not a tap for me....I no i havent been out much the past few weeks but put alot of hrs in before that..and yes hands down my WORST fall to date...Hell my WORST season lto date spring included.....As always its great to get out and get some salt in my lungs i just hope next time some fish are around to make it that much better

I agree with you have not been fishing for decades like some of you guys here but this is the worst fall for me to far. The big blues saved the spring afaiac but striper fishing from the jersey shore has been meh. jmo. Fished somoco this am from 5-7. Skunk for me too. Very flat ocean with not a lot of stuff going on that I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Ive been soo busy with the new addition to our family..Little Lucas James...That fishing has been on the back burner past 2-3 weeks...
    Just noticed that you said you had a new addition. Catch of a lifetime, your first? congrats man! Always enjoy your reports and enthusiasm. I find them very positive and a good guage of what's happening out there. All the best to you and your family and congrats Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Ive been soo busy with the new addition to our family..Little Lucas James...That fishing has been on the back burner past 2-3 weeks....I finally got a chance Friday night when mom inlaw came down and helped my wife with the lil dude...I fished hard from 7pm till almost 2am tried 3 spots that have always produced fish for me this time of year.....Came up with a total SKUNK!! My buddy who met me out there did manage 1 short but not a tap for me....I no i havent been out much the past few weeks but put alot of hrs in before that..and yes hands down my WORST fall to date...Hell my WORST season lto date spring included.....As always its great to get out and get some salt in my lungs i just hope next time some fish are around to make it that much better
    Congrats on your new addition dude and thanks for trying to keep it positive. We need some good vibes. Or some stripers. Or some good bud and blackberry brandy for the november nights when it gets colder. Or the Mets to win the series for once instead of almost! We need something to hope for.

Another perfect night in moco for me. Another perfect skunk! Finchaser nice going beautiful stripers but boat fish don't count!

Oh and nice going on the release as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Another perfect night in moco for me. Another perfect skunk! Finchaser nice going beautiful stripers but boat fish don't count!
    I know they don't count but they are fun to catch and release on my way now that the fog has lifted

Went back to where I got the fish the other night and nada. I did snag a sandeel when I caught them. next time will take a phone pic. Scattered sandeels ***? If you cant fish every day its like youre out of luck. Really sucks.

Also I was fishing above the park. Sometimes a better bite
    . The only IB keeper stripers I heard of lately are on bunker. Fwiw there are not too many being caught.
    Happy Thanksgiving gents and ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    It's back for for HD it looks worse now
    Wondered how come you think that. Just looked at it the surfers on the sups are out there. Looks pretty clear to me with very flat water. Are they offering less features now? thanks for your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    Wondered how come you think that. Just looked at it the surfers on the sups are out there. Looks pretty clear to me with very flat water. Are they offering less features now? thanks for your opinion
    Much better today maybe it from the overcast day bad part its aimed on a sand bar

I think the fish are playing hopscotch again because they are not stopping in moco where I fish in any great numbers. nice going Jig. fished this morning.Caught the skunk

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    I think the fish are playing hopscotch again because they are not stopping in moco where I fish in any great numbers. nice going Jig. fished this morning.Caught the skunk
    That's what I feel like too. Hopskotch here one day and totally dead the next. Thanks for your reports. Reading them every day here is a great motivaor for me to get out. Even when you do get the skunk.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Much better today maybe it from the overcast day bad part its aimed on a sand bar
    Just noticed this post and was checking out the cam today. Seems like it doesn't move around up and down the beach anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    The best way to know if there are fish is to go out there and actually try fishing for them.
    Quote of the year!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast