Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Default NJ Fishing Reports for November 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

There are a few things to remember about the surf cams. They only show a certain area unless you view one that has panning features. There could be a blitz a mile up or down the beach and you would never know. They are helpful if you are looking at a few of them to get a sense of the swell that day. Of course if you see a bunch of little dots in the distance all clustered around you know either it is opening day of blackfish, fluke, etc, or they are out there bailing stripers or blues. The way this season is going you might not see it on the cam. Isolated patches of fish except for up in the raritan bay where they are doing pretty well.
    The best way to know if there are fish is to go out there and actually try fishing for them.

Speaking of cams the manasquan cam is still down. The site is surfchex. I read they were going to have it moved by november. So any day now it should be back.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    The best way to know if there are fish is to go out there and actually try fishing for them.
    Quote of the year!

on the go out and try

Did the boat thing 1 mile out we had 4 bass 32 to 41 inchs forgot the scale all still alive and well

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice going. I fished moco this afternoon. Definitely not full swing on the striper run. I fished 2 places and got skunked at both. There was one place where there was a cluster of boats. They were real far out. Could not see if they were catching or not. most of the other surf guys I talked to didn't have much good things to say. One guy got two shorts and he fished all day. Another guy all day fishing with clams, one keeper and a lot of skates he said. Striper striper please come out today. We miss and revere you all the way.

finchaser just wondering what you got those stripers on. Bait or trolling. Any thoughts on if they will be coming closer in to the beach? thanks

Good to hear there are some bass. Reading about a lot of cows in RB but not too many in the ocean, strange.

Quote Originally Posted by plugcrazy View Post
    finchaser just wondering what you got those stripers on. Bait or trolling. Any thoughts on if they will be coming closer in to the beach? thanks
    Trolling weren't thick enough to jig which we prefer to do I was testing new lead core braid

Nice job on the stripers!

Trolling is the ticket right now. Got a few to 21lbs on bunker spoons in Raritan Bay today mid afternoon. Kept one for the table. We ran across scattered bunker, no large concentrations.

Glad to hear you guys are getting them on the boats. Send a few into the surf please! Fished moco last night. C-blocked out of a good spot because of the closure I went further south. Skunk for me except for one hickory shad on the teaser.

WOW is it bad out, fished Mon/OC last night one little guy saved me from a skunk, fish just arent where they are supposed to be by now, like bababooey said if we dont sand eels FAST this is gonna be bad

fished moco from the yak yesterday. marked a lot of fish but no bites. 5 or 6 other yakers out there and no one hooked up. The surf guys were fishing meat and they didn't get a tap either. Dolphins were feeding on something about 1/4 mile out I stayed away from them.

Thats so depressing that you fished from a kayak and still could not get any bites. I fished CM last night with clams. The perfect recipe after the storm. The only think I could get to bite was skates and doggies. No stripes. Fantastic fall run so far.

Fished this morning In the river had 17 fluke and a bass all on white pin-tail

Default NJ Fishing Reports for November 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

NJ Fishing Reports for November 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here.....
    2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach, think before ya post.....

3. Location -
    Out front....
    out back.....
    or the county...

further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4. Moderation...
    I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
    If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group!

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post. If you began to register and can't post, check your spam folder for your activation instructions.
    If you are not able to post or have problems logging on, making sure this is correct will most likely fix your problem. Thanks.

Mid Fall Recap
    November is usually a great month for fishing, as local waters cool down and bait is (usually) gone from bay areas and the bait/bass migration is in full swing along the Coast.
    Some would say it is the best of the best, if you are talking about the Fall Run.
    (Or......it should be)

Some observations.....
    1. Montauk Fall Run fishing has not really materialized this year, either for the surf or boat fishermen.
    Any decent fish caught, have been through hard work, sweat, and blood.
    People who claim how healthy the fishery is would be well-advised to turn the pages back 15 years and compare the catches then, to now....
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8039-Why-are-there-no-fish-in-Montauk-right-now

2. There has been a noticable lack of a consistent pattern thus far this Fall.
    There was a bit of a pattern further to the West of Montauk, the central south shore of LI. For 3 weeks there was pretty good fishing in that area.
    As I'm typing these words, it appears that fishing is winding down (for now)........ and that the bulk of those initial fish have slid over into the Raritan Bay/ NY Bight area......

Whoever is fishing the NY Bight area may tend to claim how "fantastic" the Fall Run is, for that area....

The important thing to realize is that a majority of areas that have held fish in the past, now hold very few fish, or nothing.
    Some want to blame the jetty replenishment....
    I feel the problem is bigger than that....

As many here have said...
    "Ya can't catch....
    What isn't there...."

3. There has been a tremendous amount of bait in the back bays and rivers..... some claiming more than they have seen in years...... I would tend to agree with that.
    Last week I posted some pics of super large mullet that some netter friends are still getting....
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...at-to-look-for
    That bait is moving now...as I type these words...whether the water seems fishable or not.....
    There is plenty of bait in the surf zone....but not many fish among that abundant food.....

2 factors that seems to be slowing that movement down are
    a. the mild weather and
    b. mild water temps......
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...shing-patterns

Sorry that I can't be more optimistic....my memory is stuck in the past, only 8-10 short years ago...when catches of 20-30 fish a night...were common...if you could figure the pattern according to your logs..

Lately......because the fish are spread out so thin...except in the NY Bight area and some of the inlets......there isn't much of a pattern....
    So if you have a chance to get out there....don't delay...
    Blink.... and you might miss it......
    Wishing all readers and their families best of luck for the rest of the Fall....

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    Speaking of cams the manasquan cam is still down. The site is surfchex. I read they were going to have it moved by november. So any day now it should be back.

It's back for for HD it looks worse now

Fished moco. One of the most perfect nights out there so far. Total skunk!

Lots of driving this afternoon. End of Occo. Then up and down in Moco. One short on popper at sunset. Seems like the shad are still around too. It looks like the bass might be off the beach. Saw a few boats clustered up. Hope they were catching. Didn't see much in close where I stopped and fished at.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast