Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Finally got into some fish. Yesterday afternoon took a ride and found peanuts in a few places out front. Caught fish at about half of the places I went to. Pure stripers as sharkhart said no blues. Managed bakers dozen to 12# all released. Most were small only one was a keeper but lotto fun. Pencil poppers, shads, mag d, and bucktail all produced.

Good job and thanks for saving some for us. Have been reading report after report on fb about how they are slaughtering stripers. jmo but if you get one 40lb striper that should be enough. The limit.

Fished a little north of where I usually go. Managed 4 shorts in the dark this AM with a black redfin, slow retrieve.

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    Good job and thanks for saving some for us. Have been reading report after report on fb about how they are slaughtering stripers. jmo but if you get one 40lb striper that should be enough. The limit.
    Yes I have seen the decline once and fear that is what we are seeing again. I haven't seen fish in my location in over a week. Highly concentrated in other areas. Very similar to pre moratorium conditions. When you read the reports you realize they are in a fever pitch to fill the boats and catch and keep as many as possible. Several boats are touting bonus limits and tags. It is like Babel before Sodom and Gomorrah. Folks don't seem to realize the supply of striped bass is finite. It is not never ending.

Nice going to all u guys who found them! I haven't been out just reading reports and it's crazy to me how some are saying "the best fall run ever" and "the bass pop is strong".....Maybe the best run for some on a personal level but not as a general statement...Way to spotty and WAYYYY to many guys fishing opposed to catching...I saw some pics of the boats lined up in OC..it was INSANE how many there were!! The bunker schools and puts have been hold fish and some good ones but if ya don't find the schools seems your SOL!!....Hope to try and get out somewhere tomorrow afternoon for a bit..My time is limited so I'll probably go to my usual spot and hope for that suicidal schoolie to save me from a skunk...Don't have time to run and gun all over the place and not really my style.

Well done gents and well said.

I agree with blazin. "Best fall run ever"? Ni**a please!
    Comparing it to Sandy in 2013, sure it is. Comparing it to the great runs in the late 80's and 90's, no way. This could end tomorrow. It all depends on whats coming down from those places past montauk. Get out there and fish boys. It will be wet and snowy soon.

Not to hijack, I do have a report. Fished the park this morning. Only had an hour, tide wasn't that great.
    Got blanked. Heard they did better this afternoon. Hate these peanut bunker and bunker blitzes. Sandeels are much more relaible.

Today 21/2 miles off seaside 65 feet of water released 5 bass to 25 pounds all live lined on circle hooks

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished moco yesterday for 2 hours till dark. Got a lot of that "you just missed em buddy they were here today!" Lots of peanut bunkers are around. Finally got one 24 incher right at dusk on a spook. Tight lines gents. Hope the weather coming in doesn't mess that up.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Today 21/2 miles off seaside 65 feet of water released 5 bass to 25 pounds all live lined on circle hooks

Nice going. I saw one pic of a party boat where they advertised bass slaughter. Do you think some of these guys are fishing over the 3 mile limit? If so where is the coast guard?

Congrats to the guys who caught. I fished last night. Somoco 7-10:30. Calm flat water and no fish. Threw a bt, shad, sp minnow, and metal lip, and black bomber. Kept switching it up. Either that great fishing everyone was talking about turned off at dark or I suck.

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    Fished moco yesterday for 2 hours till dark. Got a lot of that "you just missed em buddy they were here today!" Lots of peanut bunkers are around. Finally got one 24 incher right at dusk on a spook. Tight lines gents. Hope the weather coming in doesn't mess that up.
    Hah I got that too. Tried several places in moco. At one they were saying they got blues and some stripers and catching good. Then some guy named capt ron in his huge boat came and mugged them. Isn't that weird a boat mugging the surf guys rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Nice going to all u guys who found them! I haven't been out just reading reports and it's crazy to me how some are saying "the best fall run ever" and "the bass pop is strong".....Maybe the best run for some on a personal level but not as a general statement...Way to spotty and WAYYYY to many guys fishing opposed to catching...I saw some pics of the boats lined up in OC..it was INSANE how many there were!! The bunker schools and puts have been hold fish and some good ones but if ya don't find the schools seems your SOL!!....
    Thats what I was hearing. Got skunked last night. Did hear of some nice blues and a few stripers mixed in until the boats came and ruined it.

Quote Originally Posted by baitstealer View Post
    Hah I got that too. Tried several places in moco. At one they were saying they got blues and some stripers and catching good. Then some guy named capt ron in his huge boat came and mugged them. Isn't that weird a boat mugging the surf guys rofl.
    Captain Ron is in town? You folks should be honored.

Fished nomoco this morning for a little before and after sunrise. Windy and could only get a bucktail out and later an a27. Picked up one little striper on the bucktail.

CM last night. Thought the east wind would have brought some fish into the back. Nothing.

Thanks for the report SM. They're starting to get some bass in atlantic county. Another week and we might have some, would be awesome.

haha love that capt ron reference wild movie. Dropped a striper or blue last nite on a bucktail. Had for a sec. Should have set the hook better. Water wasnt' that bad. Fished from 6-9. He hit a bt/ and pork right around low tide.

Thanks for the water conditions report. I agree it didn't look that terrible. Fished SoMo around first light today. Water seemed ok good oxygen filled waves and very fishy. No fish for me. Buckethead have you been fishing? Havent seen your water conditions report in a few days. Hope you're ok.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    That sucks this is the best part of our very short run.

Lets go kayaking this Sunday. My skunk-o-meter is very low right now.
    We should have gone. Dead flat surf, moderate west wind. A lot of nice sized fish were caught on Sunday.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast