Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Ive been soo busy with the new addition to our family..Little Lucas James...That fishing has been on the back burner past 2-3 weeks....I finally got a chance Friday night when mom inlaw came down and helped my wife with the lil dude...I fished hard from 7pm till almost 2am tried 3 spots that have always produced fish for me this time of year.....Came up with a total SKUNK!! My buddy who met me out there did manage 1 short but not a tap for me....I no i havent been out much the past few weeks but put alot of hrs in before that..and yes hands down my WORST fall to date...Hell my WORST season lto date spring included.....As always its great to get out and get some salt in my lungs i just hope next time some fish are around to make it that much better

I agree with you have not been fishing for decades like some of you guys here but this is the worst fall for me to far. The big blues saved the spring afaiac but striper fishing from the jersey shore has been meh. jmo. Fished somoco this am from 5-7. Skunk for me too. Very flat ocean with not a lot of stuff going on that I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Ive been soo busy with the new addition to our family..Little Lucas James...That fishing has been on the back burner past 2-3 weeks...
    Just noticed that you said you had a new addition. Catch of a lifetime, your first? congrats man! Always enjoy your reports and enthusiasm. I find them very positive and a good guage of what's happening out there. All the best to you and your family and congrats Dad!

Thanks Bass !! Yeah its our first..Pretty amazing thing becoming a Dad! Def best catch EVER!!...And thanks for the kind words on the reports...I try to be a glass half full guy for most things in my life...Including fishing!! Lets hope we get a shot at some fish the next few weeks even if its just some schoolies

Hey Blazing 420 congratulations as well! If I could ask you guys there is a lot of guys catching nothing now and I get that the stripers have been hit hard by all the charter and party boats getting them when the fishing is good. I read on another site that its over pack up your stuff. Some guys were joking that they were selling all of it. Does anyone here think the fish have past us by since they do not seem to even be up in montauk? Any thoughts as to why this fall is so weird? thanks

Heard of some stripers still up in the far north so we might have some life left. "Heard" is not as good as seeing them so I have to say I'm not sure either. Guys aren't really doing that great in the CM rips yet so not much going on in our area.
    blazin congrats on your new addition maybe you can get a new fishing partner out of it.

Well they are in the raritan because all those boats are singing its striper time. Fished the hook last night and you all prob know they closed the end of it. So you can't fish there any more. Fished for 4 hours with a sp and a teaser. Got one 23 inch short and a few hickory shad. I don't understand how come if the raritan fishing is so great they are not all over sandy hook?
    Will try again one night this week.

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    Just noticed that you said you had a new addition. Catch of a lifetime, your first? congrats man! Always enjoy your reports and enthusiasm. I find them very positive and a good guage of what's happening out there. All the best to you and your family and congrats Dad!
    x2. Good luck with your first. It gets easier after that. Think about getting your wife a spa treatment, or at least fingers and toes done at the nail spa, and she will really appreciate it. It will help with the post partum depression.
    Went out again. Got up early and worked some moving water in moco for 4 hrs till sunrise. 1 rat bass on rubber shad and then a monster blue. Went to bucktail after that and got 2 more gorillas. There were peanuts where I was fishing so the big blues might be here at last.

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    I don't understand how come if the raritan fishing is so great they are not all over sandy hook?
    Will try again one night this week.
    Not enough stripers to go around. There are lots in the middle of the bay. In the surf not so much. Do a search for the m&m theory. I read it somewhere on this site.

Hey thanks for the news. Would LOVE to see the big blue fish come back to the beaches.

Facebook friends in LI have been catching ok. The raritan pay boats are talking up the bite but they are all trolling... Why? Because the fish arent thick

Your spot on about that. The stripers are in rb. Not like they say cause if they were so thick they wouldn't have to troll for them.

3 of us fished last nite from 8-3am. 2 keepers on bunker. Lots of bunker and peanut bunker have been coming by lately. So if you think fishing for 7 hours and catching 2 keeps for 3 guys is great come on down. Also the gigantic blues are here. They are great if you want them. Fishing for stripers they kept hitting our bunker. Getting away from them it will be hard. They are eating everything in site. Try bunker heads for the stripers. blazing good luck with your new one. Hope to see you taking him out fishing when he is old enough.

Thanks for the heads up guys. My uncle lives near the Rbay so I called him. We tried 4:30-6 today with poppers. It was some pretty fun action with the gator blues. A little slow when the tide finally slacked. Still fun with catch and release. No striped ones but thats ok. Will try to come back and get lucky again. They are finally here guys thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Facebook friends in LI have been catching ok. The raritan pay boats are talking up the bite but they are all trolling... Why? Because the fish arent thick
    I think thats a good point. We were hoping for some striped ones today and it was just gator blues for us. I really thought stripers would be on the side or behind the blues but they were not. Must be a lot of stripers out in the channels going by all the pics that are showing up online and FB.

Channels and structure. Lots of rocks and shoals in that bay.

Fished twice today because low tide was near the time when I like to be out there. Nothing for the pre-sunrise excursion. For the afternoon trip I moved to a different area and got only hickory shad and one fat short on the redgill. Ocean was calm with very little wind.

Damn bucket you went out twice and got one. Epic. Yeah I feel the same way. Getting ready to go out and fish the incoming. Might change up the location a bit getting bored with catching nothing. Wish you guys luck. Gonna need it. Try we must.

Hah that remonds me of the star wars! Do you must there is no try!

lol

Maybe obi wan kenobi can guide some stripers to NJ.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast