Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for December 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Default NJ Fishing Reports for December 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

NJ Fishing Reports for December 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here.....
    2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach, think before ya post.....

3. Location -
    Out front....
    out back.....
    or the county...

further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4. Moderation...
    I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
    If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group!

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post. If you began to register and can't post, check your spam folder for your activation instructions.
    If you are not able to post or have problems logging on, making sure this is correct will most likely fix your problem. Thanks.

Fall Recap
    December is usually about sand eels, some herring, bunker, and water temperatures. If there are any fish left to catch.....those components could play a big role.
    Some observations.....

1. Montauk Fall Run - I think by now it's fair to say there wasn't much of a Fall run in Montauk. Those who want to learn more, should ask themselves "Why?"
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...tauk-right-now

2. There was been an overall lack of a consistent pattern this Fall.
    There was a common theme in the late 70's. as the biomass shrunk. There were huge concentrations in some areas, and noticeable lack of fish in many others.
    The important thing to realize is that a majority of areas that have held fish in the past, now hold very few fish, or nothing.

As many here have said...
    "Ya can't catch....
    What ain't there...."

3. There has been a tremendous amount of bait in the back bays and rivers..... some claiming more than they have seen in years...... I would tend to agree with that.

4. There have been some fantastic days/nights of fishing for a few....and a lot of disappointments for many others. Do the parallels here, raise enough concern to make comparisons to conditions pre-Moratorium late 70's?
    You be the judge of that....

5. We have lost some good fishermen this year....
    My deepest condolences to all their friends and families.....
    Holidays are a trying time for those who have lost loved ones...if there is someone whose day you can brighten up by giving them a call or reaching out...it might be a good idea to do that....the rewards are immeasurable...

Wishing all readers and their families best of luck for the rest of the year....
    And a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season.

Fished moco last night. Should say I attempted to fish. Got out there the water was dirty and wind was a problem. Gave it a few casts for about 15 mins. Then went to the back and worked a rubber shad for a while. Totally blanked.

I hope this rain and weather will bring some fish to the beach. Can't get much worse! my .02. Good luck guys will try right after the rain may be soaking some clams.

Late report from CM over the weekend. Out 2x, only skates and doggies. Heard of one or two nice ones, not weighed in. For the most part the stripers are not here yet. It's got to happen soon.

Fished 2 hours nada yesterdays bait and fish no where to be found hope this storm doesn't end 2015

This a picture in the inlet of 5 to 7 foot rollers going over inlet wall

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Late report from Friday went out on the boat from MI and ran to the hook with not a sign of life, found a bird concentration and boats off the bridge got one and lost one and boom it just shut off right way didnt see many caught hung around most of the hook another 2.5 hours all dead switched to bottom and got some sea bass off shore to save the day. apparently they came back later in the surf kinda good, 2 days ago my friend did great on boat and then all dead for us Friday kind of season it is, i was staying over manasquan ran out to my A spot at 9pm to find it empty, was going to go out again at 5 am to the hook for beach and laying in bed i said screw this it wont repeat and I left at 11 to head back to PA for trout in the morning and from what i heard Hook was dead and i hammered the trout so thats the kinda season its been.

Fished moco last night
    Stopped in a few spots. Bucktail and shad. Skunk followed me home.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Fished Atlantic county to try something different and fit my schedule for tonight, looked bleak first 4 spots no fish but saw decent amount of small bait then the 5 th stop no bait but four bass to 27"

A friend did well on the boat weds, he texted me this pic, this is the season of everything changes in a day but there seems to been two bodies out there this one was in close, he said the hook was deserted and birds were dead in wash for hours Attachment 19870
    lol Birds at the surfline. Even they are having trouble finding the blitzes.

Thanks for the reports guys. Decided to fish OC for 4 hours this morning. Picked up three short stripers on a diamond jig a little bit after sunrise. very nice looking water too.

Caught a 22" short and 31 inch 13# bass both on a jig head shad tail combination

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice going guys better than I did. no moco last night for 5 straight hours without a tap. Went to quick check got some coffee.
    Went back and hit it again for 2 hours and got one short on a bucktail and pork. Awesome and epic action. Woo hoo.

Fished 3 times over the weekend. Skunked. Last night above the park got a few bass to 24" on stubby needle. fwiw some buddies are getting some nicer stripers at night in my area on bunker heads.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Nice going guys better than I did. no moco last night for 5 straight hours without a tap. Went to quick check got some coffee.
    Went back and hit it again for 2 hours and got one short on a bucktail and pork. Awesome and epic action. Woo hoo.
    Hey at least you tried.I think epic is the most overused word - it's ridiculous. What's worse is the turd burglars who post a few words and say "I had epic fishing last night!" and no other details. why even bother posting if that's all you're going to say?

Haven't been out at all on the sand...Even tho its slow up here in Moco I'm still jealous of u guys getting out...Seems the bite in OC is still giving up some fish..I may try to sneak away 1 afternoon and try down S more..Congrats to the few catching and thanks for the reports..At least I can read about some fish being caught...I did get out on a blackfish trip with JBARBOSA and few of our other fishing buds..wasn't an EPIC (Lol I hate that term also!!)trip but we put some keepers on the deck and i managed my PB tog (some how with my limited experience)of about 8lbs...It was a great mainly cause I fished with some great guys!! The banter was priceless!!! Tight lines fellas

Fished this morning pre-dawn in moco again. Conditions improved greatly. The big swell is gone and it's pretty flat past the outer bars. Nice crisp morning, not too cold with a steady wind from the NW should make it even better toward the weekend. Managed 2 fat shorts. Bucktail and white grub. Nice to feel something after all poor action lately.

fishinmission thanks for the offer but I am kind of comfortable with the area I fish. For a while I moved all over as they migrated. Settled into a comfortable routine after I got tired of chasing them. I fish now for the exercise as well as the catching. The catching may be limited for me but it's close to home and I can go more often.
    blazin an 8lb blackfish is a very nice fish, congratulations. Sounds like it was a great trip among friends.

The better it is for surfers the worse it is for surf fishermen. Checked the surfchex cams this am the swell is almost non existent. congrats on the fish guys and blazing420 conrats on your pb tog. 8 lbs is a few good meals!

Thanks for the reports and surf quality gents. At least some encouraging news on fish-ability. Now whether the fish cooperate is another story lol. Will prob get out there this weekend. Good luck and hoping for some tight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    i managed my PB tog (some how with my limited experience)of about 8lbs...It was a great mainly cause I fished with some great guys!! The banter was priceless!!! Tight lines fellas
    Congrats on that one. White or green crabs?

Good to read something encouraging. 1 or 2 is better than none. Fished moco last nite in the rain. Skunk. Missed one hit on rubber, did not come back for a second shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast