Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for December 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Nice try bucket. You should maybe try a little more south. I seen all the effort you put in and you keep coming back even when its the dead sea. I finally did better today. Switched my time up and fished after work. Pretty decent pick near the park for about an hour and 1/2. Got a few short stripers, and a larger bluefish about 8 1/2 lbs. ava 37 and shads. Missed a few more. Fish were there but not visible. You had to just keep casting and moving.

Haven't been out at all on the sand...Even tho its slow up here in Moco I'm still jealous of u guys getting out...Seems the bite in OC is still giving up some fish..I may try to sneak away 1 afternoon and try down S more..Congrats to the few catching and thanks for the reports..At least I can read about some fish being caught...I did get out on a blackfish trip with JBARBOSA and few of our other fishing buds..wasn't an EPIC (Lol I hate that term also!!)trip but we put some keepers on the deck and i managed my PB tog (some how with my limited experience)of about 8lbs...It was a great mainly cause I fished with some great guys!! The banter was priceless!!! Tight lines fellas

Fished this morning pre-dawn in moco again. Conditions improved greatly. The big swell is gone and it's pretty flat past the outer bars. Nice crisp morning, not too cold with a steady wind from the NW should make it even better toward the weekend. Managed 2 fat shorts. Bucktail and white grub. Nice to feel something after all poor action lately.

fishinmission thanks for the offer but I am kind of comfortable with the area I fish. For a while I moved all over as they migrated. Settled into a comfortable routine after I got tired of chasing them. I fish now for the exercise as well as the catching. The catching may be limited for me but it's close to home and I can go more often.
    blazin an 8lb blackfish is a very nice fish, congratulations. Sounds like it was a great trip among friends.

The better it is for surfers the worse it is for surf fishermen. Checked the surfchex cams this am the swell is almost non existent. congrats on the fish guys and blazing420 conrats on your pb tog. 8 lbs is a few good meals!

Thanks for the reports and surf quality gents. At least some encouraging news on fish-ability. Now whether the fish cooperate is another story lol. Will prob get out there this weekend. Good luck and hoping for some tight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    i managed my PB tog (some how with my limited experience)of about 8lbs...It was a great mainly cause I fished with some great guys!! The banter was priceless!!! Tight lines fellas
    Congrats on that one. White or green crabs?

Good to read something encouraging. 1 or 2 is better than none. Fished moco last nite in the rain. Skunk. Missed one hit on rubber, did not come back for a second shot.

Thanks for updates and reports at least there is some type of life. I THOUGHT about going fishing last night in the middle of the night. It was raining and sports channel and a few brewskis seemed like the better option. blazing good work on the blackfish.

Thanks fellas!! I was surprised cause I'm a newbie to the tog game...And now I'm HOOKED haha can't wait to get back out there..Fun fishing for sure..cowherder it was on a white legger..They seemed to be the way to go that day...I'll try to get a pic up if I can figure out how to do it from my phone..

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    ..Seems the bite in OC is still giving up some fish..I may try to sneak away 1 afternoon and try down S more.
    I had the same idea as you and left went down early today to fish ocean county. Fished near the MI. Figured it would be perfect but you know what they say about counting chickens before they hatch. From 3-5:30 I casted metals, shads, and some rattle traps. Then when it got close to dark I casted a long range popper. Total blank. I guess you have to be right on the spot where these fish are blitzing. Guys near me didn't catch anything either. We didn't see a lot of fishermen. Maybe that was evidence we were in the wrong "spot". bucket head congrats on catching something always enjoy your persistence and surf conditions reports.

Lots of peanuts and sea herring in the surf no signs of bass

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Same for me. Fished 8-10 last night in moco. Saw some fish jumping and breaking water. Turned out they were hickory shad. Got a few on the teasers. No bass.

I remember late season when the herring were around there was usually a chance at some bigger stripers. Guess that's ancient history as well. Still some good weather out there, gents. At least we can try. Worked an inlet in atlantic county this morning. Didn't see a lot of bait in close. Skunk as well. Ocean was very flat. Will try again this weekend. Some stripers and blues came in to the beach in the last 2 days so it keeps hope alive.

Got up late this am and to the beach close to low tide around sunrise. Probably a little too late because I could not buy a bite. As mentioned flat seas and not much in terms of life.

Are those long island fish finally here? Watch tomorrow be dead. Ha. Ill be in ortley to park tomorrow. If anyone else around there lemme know. Say hey

Don't know. I do know murphys law says by the time I get there they will be saying "you should have been here yesterday we crushed em!" Good luck I might try further south too I'm sick of that skunky smell in moco.

A lot of times the stripers seem to be 1-3 miles off the beach fellas. Calm seas today. A boat or kayak would get you to them. Just saying.

I would. Facebook is blowing up with photos its where the fish are.

I missed it today. Zigged where I should have zagged. Got an hour in at the beach before work and only one short on a popper. Then during the day they are all hitting it. Tons of fish caught. Today was THE day to take off work. Oh well you can't win them all.

Took a boat trip today and got into stripers and blues down in oco lost of bird life on them. Hooked up with 5 stripers, mainly schoolies 24" to 30"and 3 big blues in the teens. Most action on white 7" shads, silver and gold Krocs. Some of the largest fish on the boat was 24lb to 28lb.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast