Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Jan-Mar 2016

Default NJ Fishing Reports for Jan-Mar 2016

Gave it a try in OC for new years stripering. Before sunrise I got a short bass and shad on a loaded redfin. Then around sunrise got a short on rubber shad. Still come small fish around, catch em up. Happy new years and best wishes gents.

Hey guys happy new year! Haven't been out fishing much but just had to go this afternoon. Fished moco from 4-6 it was pretty nice out there as I tossed a big shad and played around with a bucktail as well. No hits runs or errors. Didn't see anyone on the beach where I was get a striper either. Good job fishing mission you got a January double play! Water was beautiful for Jan 1.

Nice. I read that some big blues were also caught a few days ago on the northern beaches. Outstanding!

Released 2 bass to 37" both on loaded c-10 redfin from 2 to 4 pm

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Cool looks like a fattie. Could I ask if they hit far out or in close? Thanks

Pretty close was not out on a bar

Large schools of peanuts ruined this mornings fishing BUNKER SU_K

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post. If you began to register and can't post, check your spam folder for your activation instructions.
    If you are not able to post or have problems logging on, making sure this is correct will most likely fix your problem. Thanks.

Spammers:
    This and other websites that have been around more than a few years, have been inundated with spammers.
    You folks never see them because I have a few methods of blocking or banning them.
    There have been cases where members were banned before they got a chance to post, because they fit a spammer profile.

I'm sorry folks, but I just don't have to time to differentiate real, honest anglers who want to contribute to a site, who fit a spammer profile......... from spammers with malicious intent, who fit a spammer profile.

Because I try to cover all possibilities, a while back I sent a massive e-mailing to members where there were questions. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, and change their member status to active if it was possible a mistake was made.

If you're
    a. not a contributing member to a site
    b. and created bogus e-mails to join, the legitimacy of your membership would most likely be questioned.
    There are several ways to contact Admin on here. If someone hasn't made use of the contact tools that we provide, that's on them.
    I do the best I can, and the safety of our site and members has to take priority.

Any of the group e-mails I sent out, if you haven't responded by the end of January 2016 to correct any membership problems, it will likely take a long time for me to correct your issue as I just won't have the time after that.

Everyone has to have at least one website that they feel comfortable posting at and contributing to.
    We have a lot of good members here who go out of their way to help the new guy and contribute by posting.
    If a new member doesn't feel the need to reciprocate, we wish them the best of luck elsewhere.

Thanks for reading.....
    Happiness and Good Health to All!

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

NJ Fishing Reports for January 2016 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here.....
    2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach, think before ya post.....

3. Location -
    Out front....
    out back.....
    or the county...

further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4. Moderation...
    I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
    If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group!

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

2016 Winter thoughts.......

A.
    Please remember that all NJ waters "out back" are closed to striped bass fishing until March 1. I know a lot of folks have their favorite Winter fishing places, and lots of fish are caught. I'm not passing judgement here. It's up to every angler to know the law and abide by it. Otherwise, we would have anarchy.

As mentioned, if you are fishing closed waters for bass, and aware of it, please don't post those reports here, please keep them to yourself. It seems so much simpler that way, if ya think about it.
    Also, please be aware that some states have laws that don't prohibit targeting bass in the back after Dec 31. Thanks.

B. I have a feeling that a Winter bite could last in the ocean, for longer than usual this year. My thoughts about that come from the way the bait has migrated this year. There are several factors, I'll post about just a few of them for now:

1. Bunker migration - usually, adult bunker, and predators follow a general path of moving as the water temps drop.

2. Bunker numbers have increased dramatically so folks are seeing them in greater ranges than before. Also, peanut bunker are still around and in some of the back bays and rivers in NJ and NY. There are still great quantities of bait in some areas of the LI Sound. There are still a great deal of bunker, and some larger bass in NY Harbor.

3. Those baitfish..the ones that do migrate....will likely be moving South, as water temps drop to move them.
    Additionally, some striped bass will move up the Hudson.
    It's hard to determine exactly what group the fish belong to. I believe we are in similar conditions to late season 2011.

4. Therefore, there will be groups of predators following them (albeit scattered and inconsistent in numbers)

5. This could provide an ocean bite, for much longer than has been the case in recent past years, approaching the Winter bite we had in the 2011-2012 Winter. There are a lot of variables to these possibilities here, winter storms, weather patterns, and severe drop in ocean temps could bring this to a halt in a few days.

6. Herring. AKA Atlantic Sea Herring- for many years, folks became excited when herring came in to inlets and certain riverhead areas in Late Fall and Winter. This was pointless..... because most bass and predators were gone that late in the year. This year is different, and actually seems to be one where the abundant herring could hold some fish for awhile. Those who keep logs, should go back and search herring patterns. If we're lucky they could be repeated this year.

7. With the biomass being less, it seems there are less striped bass on the edges. There aren't enough of them for masses to move directly along the coast and deliver a bite that's as consistent as many of us remember in the past.
    The blitzes that used to last for days, now last for an hour. Blink, and if you can't race to the action, you will have missed it.

8. Bait dilemma - In any case, most seasoned anglers know that there is much more bait than these lesser numbers of fish..... could ever eat. The largest masses of fish are often coming through the Mud Hole, as Finchaser and others have pointed out so many times in the past. Right now certain areas slightly offshore are filled with squid, butterfish, and other baitfish.

** All this could change in an instant
    , with a week or so of bad weather.

If such a bite does develop and folks don't want to telegraph it to the world, you can be selective about how you post, or post in the Winter Fishing thread instead. Regular contributors here should have no problem finding that thread. Any members who want clarification of that, feel free to PM me any time.
    I completely understand the limited access issues, and support those who feel the same way about limiting disclosure.
    Thanks, and good luck out there.

Thanks for the insite and thoughts. I wish that was true for the whole jersey coast, would really like to see a winter striper bite in cape may.

This is for reports only not fireside reading DS follow the rules

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

Spammers:
    This and other websites that have been around more than a few years, have been inundated with spammers.
    You folks never see them because I have a few methods of blocking or banning them.
    There have been cases where members were banned before they got a chance to post, because they fit a spammer profile.

I'm sorry folks, but I just don't have to time to differentiate real, honest anglers who want to contribute to a site, who fit a spammer profile............ from spammers with malicious intent, who fit a spammer profile.
    Thanks for reading.....
    Happiness and Good Health to All!

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    I have a solution DS you should ban yourself! JKidding I like your commentary it makes sense. Also appreciate all you are trying to do. I am one of those who didn't catch hundreds of fish a night back in the day because I wasn't fishing then. I like hearing the different stories because it makes it more real rather than someone just bragging about their catches. I like finchasers commentary as well but I hope you two don't end up fighting again I see enough of that on other sites.

Fishing report! Fished moco this AM got the skunk!
    Lots of other guys saying the same thing where are the stripers?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    I like finchasers commentary as well but I hope you two don't end up fighting again I see enough of that on other sites.
    Beg to differ I haven't caught a bass in 1 1/2 months things are really dead in my neck of the woods. If you can't come to a site with some entertainment thrown in what's the point? Sometimes it's good to read those posts where you need a bag of popcorn. BTW this is the only site I know of where you have an official ballbusting thread and haven't killed each other over it. Kudos
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...Busting-thread

Was hoping he would get with the program this year,

Congrats on the Bass Fin, on the loaded Redfin ,
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Went back to beach had 4 to 31" all on jig head and white body some guys being the sportsman they are actually had to do snag and drop with peanuts and a 1/0 treble to catch and gut hook these small fish pathetic.

Fished OC this afternoon. Got out late had to work. By the time I got there it was a slow pic. Managed 2 shorts on white bass assassin.

I dunno I kind of like the format here.
    There is one site, it has very few posts except for the fishing reports. And in the fishing reports section all they do is clutter up the reports asking advice about this reel, that rod, and whether they should fish north or south. I must be crazy the way I usually do that is go out and fish and move when I cant find them instead of asking dudes on the internet to point me to fish.
    There is another site that prob is a great resource, lots of action and posts. Lots of whining too.Guys whine about not getting their fishing xmas presents in time. Whine about going fishing on a jetty and not being greeted properly. W-T-F?? Whine in the reports thread about poachers and they don't call it in. Whine about fishing in urban areas afraid their fancy gear might get jacked. Pansies.
    Post about going duck or deer hunting. Whine about whether they are going to get their 5th or 6th VS and they never set foot on the rocks or inlet jetties. All that in the reports thread of the month. So compared to that this place is pretty basic and simple to me. If you guys want to talk about bait or migration its OK. I like the BB too. Its all good. my .02

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    I like the BB too. Its all good. my .02
    BB? Folks doing bareback here?

Get your mind out of the gutter, man. BB is ball busting. The BBer and BBee have to be cool with it though. There lies the dilemma.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast