Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Jan-Mar 2016

My bad, sir. The ball busting is fun then. Besides what else do you want to talk about in the winter. I find it hard to believe you guys are still catching stripers. IF DS and FC end up in a battle royale I want the popcorn concesssion!

Fished OC 2:30 - 5:30. Between the three of us only one 30" striper on sp minnow. Only saw one other fish caught where we were. Lots of sea herring in the wash. Checked a few spots in a few different towns when we first got there and saw a lot of sea herring in the wash everywhere we looked.

don't want to ruffle any feathers but I enjoy the posts the way they are. Have learned a lot by reading the back and forth that goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    There is another site that prob is a great resource, lots of action and posts. Lots of whining too.Guys whine about not getting their fishing xmas presents in time. Whine about going fishing on a jetty and not being greeted properly. W-T-F?? Whine in the reports thread about poachers and they don't call it in. Whine about fishing in urban areas afraid their fancy gear might get jacked. Pansies.
    Post about going duck or deer hunting. Whine about whether they are going to get their 5th or 6th VS and they never set foot on the rocks or inlet jetties. All that in the reports thread of the month. So compared to that this place is pretty basic and simple to me. If you guys want to talk about bait or migration its OK. I like the BB too. Its all good. my .02
    I know exactly what site your talking about. There is a know it all who posts weather reports every day in the fishing reports forum. The guy probably never fished the surf in his life and comes across as an expert. Also there are 5 pages at a time with useless info, just back and forth chest beating and secret handshake stuff. I like things the way they are here better. Bust my balls anytime you want to. I'm in.
    As for fishing fished moco today with shads, poppers, sps, bucktails, and every herring plug I had. Light colored bombers too, and no stripes. Did manage 2 hickory shad on the bomber. Surf was very flat and calm. Maybe too calm. Hardly any white water at all. still not bad for January fishing.

Released 1 bass around 29" on a white SS popper lots of herring some south in the wind and a SE swell seems to have turned them off.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    My bad, sir. The ball busting is fun then. Besides what else do you want to talk about in the winter. I find it hard to believe you guys are still catching stripers. IF DS and FC end up in a battle royale I want the popcorn concesssion!

All I'm saying is he writes sermons and places them in 3 threads so why in the reports thread too

^^^^^Come on guys it shouldn't be that serious. It's just fishing. I mean the hijacking and different directions is much better here than other sites where its sometimes out of control. I like the ebb and flow here, don't mind reading things on fishing and baitfish. This is the only site I have seen where we can call out the meatmen. That has to count for something. just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Released 1 bass around 29" on a white SS popper lots of herring some south in the wind and a SE swell seems to have turned them off.
    That s wind is never any good for me either except for one specific area. After the dismal results yesterday went back early today and fished in the dark. Fishing was a little better. Fished a silver belly loaded redfin and managed a few. No keepers but they hit hard and it was fun. Bite turned off before sunrise. Very cold out there last night.
    Congrats on the C&R.

Great reports fellas this so unusual hope it lasts a little while longer.

Fished the park this morning, quick trip. Some fish were caught but not by me. Toying with the idea of going out again in the afternoon. Lots of bait around.

grumpys had a weigh in today of 26.7lbs on a popper. Not over yet!

oc from 2-4. I saw lots of bait too but no stripes.

Fished OC from noon till 5:30. Jumped around to different spots and saw a lot of bait in some spots, but not close to the beach. The last spot we fished we caught a short and a 32" striper between the three of us. Lost one other hook up. Only action we had was on sp minnow just before dark.

Hi guys, been along time. Glad to see you all still active. Been a busy year for me. only got out 4 time this last year and got Skunked all 4 times. I promised myself that I won't miss another year. Finchaser, glad to see you still catching like always. that's awesome. Happy New year to all.

Glad to see ya back^^^ about to hit beach in a few miniutes when my friend arrives

Cold and windy 6 to 8 AM no bait or fish dead sea

Good to see you back vpass. Your posts were missed, happy new years to everyone as well.

Went back yesterday for a bit at end of day. Skunk followed me home.

6 of us went back out 2 each to 3 spots that produced for the past week. Fished from 3:30 to 5 PM bitterly cold again no bait or fish in the 3 spots that produced for the past week until today. Water dropped to 48

Moco this morning at sunrise. Very cold and windy my reading said 12 degrees. Nothing for me. Very short trip only a half hour. May try later on when the winds die down.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast