Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Jan-Mar 2016

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post

All I'm saying is he writes sermons and places them in 3 threads so why in the reports thread too
    Sometimes all I have time to look at is the reports thread. I for one appreciate the in-detail comments dark. I think you are spot on with your state of the fisheries analysis you add to every year. If we don't remember the past we are condemned to repeat it.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...of-the-fishery
    I would write more if I could write like you. It's a new year, tight lines and happiness to everyone.

Hell yeah it's colder than a witches t*t! Gonna have to get out the 5/4 for surfing. It was perfect for december though. Guys kudos to you for getting out there. I walked my dog this morning and every little puddle of piece of thin water in the neighborhood was frozen.

Did some bottom fishing the other day on a party boat. Overall a very slow trip plagued by dogfish and conger eels most of the day. Captain worked hard moving us from wreck to wreck but it seemed like the blow the day before shut down most of the action. A pick of smaller sized ling & cod for the boat along with a nice pool winning Pollack caught by one of the kids on board. Who better to win the pool than a young kid?

Highlight of the trip was having a nice sized lobster get fouled in my rig.

Naturally with a fresh lobster I had no choice but to go harvest some clams the next morning. A full moon tide with low around sunrise only allowed for an hour and a half of clamming. We managed about 100 clams each before we had to retreat to the incoming tide.

Nothing beats a fresh seafood Spanish Paella....clams, lobster, scallops, and shrimp all in one dish!!!

x2 on the report format and commentary. Please leave them the way they are I like them. On other forums you have 5 or 10 pages clutter mixed up in the reports and I don't find that to be the case here. Have learned a lot reading the back and forth between you guys here. Just my two cents. J Barbosa thats an awesome LOBSTER dinner making me hungry just looking at it!

I like them too but the reports thread should be reports only, so you don't have to weed through lots of BS to get to whose catching and what on also makes it hard for follow catch questions . Especially that his posts are usually placed in 2 to 3 other threads which he adds to over and over. Winter thoughts is not a fishing report. In his own words reports only as stated in his rules.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Sorry have to disagree on this. Sol has pages and pages of crap mixed in the reports no one ever complains. RJ puts up posts that would rival war and peace a minimum of 10,000 words per post. So long - that reading them I get a headache. Dark at least puts in paragraph breaks and bullet points/numbers. I think he's gotten better than he used to be.
    Lobster boy/big deal posts weather reports every day in a thread thats supposed to be fishing, and then comments on every single freaking post like he is Zane Grey and invented fishing. You got another guy that posts about every thing but fishing. The younger generation thinks when they have a boil on their ***, it's post worthy. In that reports thread they discuss almost everything else but fishing, even empanada recipes. No one ever complains over there - its like a free for all.
    I'm registered on a few sites but don't post on any one but this. I like it here, good caliber of salts. Thanks dark, finchaser, clamchucker, bucket and all you guys that make this a good resource. I hate the whining and self-indulgent selfish wanna be report chaser striper fishermen that I have seen on some of the other sites. (Some sites are not that bad, though). It's winter and not many fishing out there. I live close to the water and sometimes its so cold its tough to push myself to get out, like this week. finchaser if you can go out every day and want to post fishing reports I will buy you an ice cream cone at dairy queen. Otherwise I think maybe we all need to lighten up a bit. My opinion.

I did make it out tonight in moco. Dropping tide, it was cold but hardly any wind at all. Skunk for me.

Anyone want to buy any popcorn? I'm selling it for $5 a bag a 50% discount from movie prices.
    We can always discuss clambrella trolling in January.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clambrellatrolling.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    The younger generation thinks when they have a boil on their ***, it's post worthy.
    not only post worthy, but selfie-worthy!

Oh come on guys can't we just get along? It's January and there are still fish out there. I like the back and forth, that's my vote. Keep things as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Highlight of the trip was having a nice sized lobster get fouled in my rig.

Naturally with a fresh lobster I had no choice but to go harvest some clams the next morning. A full moon tide with low around sunrise only allowed for an hour and a half of clamming. We managed about 100 clams each before we had to retreat to the incoming tide.

Nothing beats a fresh seafood Spanish Paella....clams, lobster, scallops, and shrimp all in one dish!!!

Awesome report, great pic. Did you go out of north or south jersey?

Dark and I discussed this on the phone for those concerned. Also Sol never was like that when it started and that is why many of the people like myself who were on the ground floor very seldom post there any more. IMO RJ is out of his mind with his Hudson River B/S he tried that here many moons ago until confronted.

enjoy your season

got to get some sleep an EPIC day could be coming.
    The true epic days are long gone��

X2 for keeping things the way they are. It's winter. Not that many dudes fishing. Instead of popcorn we should be toasting marshmallows over the fire and talk about the old times. Would love to hear more of that since I am prob one of the young ones. Thanks for all you guys do.

The ny season for stripers is closed. Have been catching some herring here and there. Come here to see how you fellas are doing and live vicariously through some of the catches. The ball busting is entertaining too. Vote me in as ok with it. Keep up the good work. jbarbose thats a beautiful lobster. Paella even better there is a restaurant by me that will make paella with any fish or lobsters or crabs you bring in to them.

Brrrrr! boy has that temperature really come down in the last few days lol.I am still hoping for a few chances at catching left.storm coming on Friday, so will try to get out there before then. Good luck out there gents.

Pretty decent night tonight. No keepers but a handful of shorts. Throwing a black SP. They hit hard, round aggressive little footballs. Perfect conditions. moco

Nada this morning 5 to 8 am water down to 44 degrees time for the so called death rats

Same for me a dish where the plate was almost empty. Fished my usual area. Water looked promising, some bait around. Scratched out one short on bucktail and pork. hookset I have noticed these fish are fat. There is more bait than bass and they are bulking up, the ones that are still here.

Fished this morning all 6 of us in different spots NADA blowing good out of the NE this could be it after the blow with more cold weather next week

Yes it was a little sporty out there this morning. Nothing for me either.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast