Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Jan-Mar 2016

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    out on the kayak with buddy Mike- Bought 30 dollars worth of blood worms and grass shrimp to target the perch and stripers in a river in Atlantic County. AS we were pedaling north I got a call from work- mike decided to troll a half ounce white bucktail with a pink zoom trailer. within minutes he hooks up. he releases and within a few more minutes he hooks up and releases again. Both were in the 20" range. I get off the phone we troll around a little more- I have on a red lead head with white swim bait- neither of us hit- but we were marking fish. So we anchor up and through out the bait. I got a couple nibbles on my hi lo but that's it. After about a half hour we decide to go back to trolling bucktails. I had a yellow with an otter tail. Mike had his white pink zoom combo- He hooks up again. He brings the fish in and I ask what size BT- I put the same size on with the red otter tail and cast out- boom I am in. so they wanted white and half ounce. I ended up with 6 total, biggest was around 32"- he bent the hook and I lost him right at the yak. Mikey ended up with 9 total. He kept two of his for the table, All mine went back in. Oh yeah- outgoing tide. Water temp 55 degrees.

Awesome report thanks for sharing. Amazing that there would be such a difference between yellow and white when it came to your catches.

Monco right before sunset. Tossed bucktail, SP, needlefish and tsunami eel. Nada. Great conditions out there a slight mist and perfect bass weather. Like you guys said it's gonna happen soon just have to be out there when it does.

Picked up a few shorts last nite in the back on rubber. Near top of the incoming, pink zooms. Spearing were thick.

Way to go JF

down here in Florida fishing still miss my bass

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

nice going jig. Seems like rubber is the way to go right now well done.

finchaser you're down in florida? What's the weather like? Any decent fish this time of year, tarpon or snook?

jf good job thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Way to go JF

down here in Florida fishing still miss my bass
    Are you really fishing or are you in fla and at the spring break girls?

Went out this weekend again. Got the skunk again. I heard they were getting them at the points inland, tackle shop report. With the water temperatures being this high and all the bunker it has to break wide open soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Are you really fishing or are you in fla and at the spring break girls?

Maybe hes doing a little of both. Told the wife he is fishing and took off with his buddies all the old timers that dark always talks about. Then when done fishing for the day they hit the strip clubs and trade stripers for strippers. Bada bing!

In the back last night. Incoming tide. Small bass were popping on spearing. Picked up a few. Rubber

Fished for a few hours after the meeting tonight. Picked up a another handful of shorts up to 27 and a half inches on rubber. spearing still where I left them the other night

Nice going. 2 nights in a row for you. Must be pretty active in your area.

Awesome job Jigfreak...great report...u STILL haven't been able to get out!! Daddy responsibility getting in the way lol....And of course I can get away tomorrow evening night but not liking the wind forcast arghhh!

Took a walk along my usual beach this morning. No fishing just scouting. There are some bunker around in the ocean. Not that common in march, according to my logs.

Nice reports jigfreak, good to hear you are catching on artificials.
    Sounds like snow on the way Sunday.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

good report JF. Should be good this weekend!***** edit- this weekend sucked LOL!

Nice going guys. I fished moco last night. Heard reports of bunker but I didn't see any. Just one dead one on the beach. A few guys slinging snot, said they had one small striper and that was it. I tried by a marine where the bait usually stacks up and one other place. Tossing small rubber. nice night. Got the skunk.

Fished the delaware yesterday after work. Had some leftover worms, should of bought fresh. Went at the last minute because the bad weather is forecast for this weekend and I felt it would screw the fishing up for a few days. Wound up with 2 white perch and one smallish catfish.

Mo Co yesterday 6-7:30pm with clams. nada. Did have some small bites, maybe winter flounder?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast