Thread: "Emergency" Legislation introduced last Thursday...

Default "Emergency" Legislation introduced last Thursday...

S3321 Authorizes DEP to require public access to waterfront and adjacent shoreline as condition of waterfront development approvals and CAFRA permits.

Passed both Houses

That is great news!
    .now the towns won't be able to push us around so much.

Thanks for sharing.

Good to hear, it's about time.

Like Deal they will eliminate parking or like bay head no parking 8 pm to 6 am or one hour parking like some towns
    point and Belmar are I believe $3 hour 24/7 to park

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Good point. The shore towns in NJ gouge you for parking.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Like Deal they will eliminate parking or like bay head no parking 8 pm to 6 am or one hour parking like some towns
    point and Belmar are I believe $3 hour 24/7 to park
    Or they will let the bourgeois get away with special treatment like they always do.
    Check this out, From facebook. A new tiki hut built at monmouth beach. Owned by the guy who has that mega mansion on the corner. One of the biggest houses in the area. How will DEP new access rules apply to this structure?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12863-0-16005100-1452716424.jpg   32624900-1452458611.jpg  

Wheres the women in that pic you posted. All dudes looks like a sausage fest.

lol are you sure that wasn't taken in asss-bury park?

Bill S3321 Authorizes DEP to require public access to waterfront and adjacent shoreline as condition of waterfront development approvals and CAFRA permits.

Identical Bill Number: A4927

Was signed by Governor Christie.

1/19/2016 Approved P.L.2015, c.260

http://www.state.nj.us/governor/news...20160119a.html

Good job by our Governor. I see a lot of bashing him on different web sites. Maybe he's not the best, but he's certainly no enemy of fishermen like Frank Pallone is. Thanks for the info.

Can it even be possible that once in our lives, the government will be "for the people?"
    Fingers crossed.

I am not a surf guy but I am empathetic to the plight. If you get federal money for a beach it should belong to everyone. That does not seem to happen in NJ. I think it was better when all access decisions went through the DEP. It seems it's finally shifting back to that.

NJ Public Access Rules Stakeholder Committee Co-Chairs appointed:

NJ Senate Environment and Energy Committee 1/25/16

Stakeholder Committee on Beach Access (Public Access to tidelands) Co-Chairs:

Tim Dillingham, Executive Director, American Littoral Society

NY/NJ Bay Keepers

Mike Egenton, Executive Vice President, Government Relations, New Jersey Chamber of Commerce

Sara Bluhm, Vice President for Energy and Environment, New Jersey Business and Industry Association

That is great news. I have met Tim and he is one of the most well spoken guys on beach access and what sand replenishing does to the environment. The above looks like a good solid committee that will being in viewpoints that are valid and meaningful. Please keep us posted of any developments. Would love to go to an open meeting if there is one.

First "Stakeholder Committee" meeting tentatively scheduled for February 9th in Trenton, I will post more details as I get them.

Thanks man.

Default Public Access Stakeholders Meeting

From Mr. Michael Egenton, Co-Chair, Public Access Stakeholders Committee:

"Our first meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 9 at BIA headquarters (10 West Lafayette St, Trenton, NJ 08608) starting at 10:15 am.

If you (or a designee) are interested in participating in this process, please reach out and email Judith Horowitz from the Office of Legislative Services at JHorowitz@njleg.

I would ask that you send her your full contact information and who you will be representing.

In preparation for that initial meeting, please be prepared to discuss your top 3 issues/priorities."