Thread: Tom Fote pushing for increased striped bass Quota

Hybrid View

According to the latest info it seems they are waiting until later in 2016 to make any changes. Folks need to realize this is not about science as Mr Fote claims. It is agenda driven by powerful business interests who have gotten into the ear of Tom. I have seen him progress from a fighter for all, many decades ago, to someone who now should be removed from his position. His motivation should be questioned. The SSB is still close to being overfished. Just because it isn't at that level yet, according to 1 year of observations, does not mean the bass are in great shape. My .02

Its fine DS doesn't go to meetings on a regular basis but I sure could use your help

Fote is a piece of SH_T and full of it he's clueless same as last year

Because of him and the JCAA we are not 1 at 28" as the other states he also is for the Chesapeake to continue on

Finally he believes quotas of bass can not be transferred to other states

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post

Fote is a piece of SH_T and full of it he's clueless same as last year

Because of him and the JCAA we are not 1 at 28" as the other states he also is for the Chesapeake to continue on
    Have read on other forums where the serious fishermen are pissed that NJ is still allowed to keep 3 and everyone else has harsher limits except for the Chesapeake. I don't know if he is solely responsible for that. When you have a guy who keeps standing out in front saying "nothing at all wrong with striped bass" over and over, you have to wonder what is his motivation behind doing it. And if it is shown in the end that the science overestimated the population, I think Fote is a part of the problem, not the solution.

Fote and the JCAA pushed for the 3 fish I was there

The JCAA says on behalf of there 1200 members we vote
    But they don't poll there so called 1200 members they are useless all they care about is fund raisers that support them.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    I can explain it all in one word - corruption
    Someones pockets have to be getting GREASED!!!!!!!!!
    Both Tom Fote and the JCAA.

Read this in Ristoris blog tonite. Tom Fote receiving the conservation Champion award? W T F?????????

"Tom Fote received the Conservation Champion Award at the recent American Sportfishing Association meeting. Fote is the legisislative chairman for the JCAA, and the Governor's Appointee to the ASMFC. A wounded Army veteran from Vietnam, Fote has been devoting almost all of his time without compensation for decades to protecting fisheries and the rights of recreational fishermen."

Conservation champion? That has to be some kind of a sick joke.

The JCAA says on behalf of there 1200 members we vote
    But they don't poll there so called 1200 members they are useless all they care about is fund raisers that support them.
    I agree Fote is a clown. He's done about as much for bass conservation as Pallone has. Which is nothing. I am surprised more people don't know this.

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    It is agenda driven by powerful business interests who have gotten into the ear of Tom. I have seen him progress from a fighter for all, many decades ago, to someone who now should be removed from his position. His motivation should be questioned. The SSB is still close to being overfished. Just because it isn't at that level yet, according to 1 year of observations, does not mean the bass are in great shape. My .02
    my 2c - Tom Fote is more corrupt than Sharpe James or that Midwest mayor who was caught smoking crack on video. He is on his knees giving BJs to the charter and for hire industry! It is apparent every time he speaks and another line of SH*T rolls out of his mouth. There is no way he can believe the crap he spouts is remotely true. He has to be getting paid off to say junk like that.

I don't understand where they were talking about better numbers. Don't those small stripers need like 8-10 years to grow to legal size. I didn't see better fishing last year or for any of my buds I fish with.

I can explain it all in one word - corruption