Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
Maybe someone asked this already, apologies if so. How the heck do you cast something that big?
They are beautiful but I am thinking you would have to have an 11 foot rod thick as a pool cue to toss one of those babies out! Your shoulder must be killing you after a night of fishing them. How old are you and to you bring a bottle of Ibuprofen with you each time? respectfully asking this.
yes someone has asked me the same thing.
well,when it's big fish time these come out and I take one of my 5 bigsticks off the rack.
3 of them are 10 footers and the other 2 are 9 feet the range is from 2-6 or 3-8 oz.,my new pen prevail is rated 1-4 but,it's off it will do 2-6 easy.
most times I cast across the currents and allow the plugs to drift waay out then slow crank them in.
I only fish with winch reels so it is much more easy to control them and the fish.
as for the shoulders hurting,not much if at all as I am not making a large amount of casts, most of the time out OTW my lures are in the water rather than being cast and cranked.
sometime when the moons right I let them hang waay out there swimming from the current and not doing anything but, holding the rod.
since I crank them in slow I am covering tons of water and making good vibrations allowing the fish to hear,hunt and find my plug.
with the slow swimming style the plug seems to unaware it's being hunted so,it helps because the fish thinks it's an easy target,hopefully it does not run away but, slams the hell out of it.
it has worked for me for a long while now.
as for my age,I am in very early 50's and 6 ft 2.
I do use ibuprofen sometimes but, not much,when I do I will take some before heading out if I know it will be action or has been action,if it has been quiet I will leave them alone,don't like to take medications at all.

cheers.