Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayak Trips and Fishing Reports 2016

Default Kayak Trips and Fishing Reports 2016

Figured I would start off 2016 for you fellas. Don't know if you know this guy Elias Vaisberg. I have been following him on facebook and the dude fishes all the time. Some lake in NJ?

Greatvid thanks for the share.

round valley

Yeah I have fished union lake sometimes but round valley seems like the nj goto place for nice trout. Anyone know why this is so?

dont quote me on it but i think RV is only one of a handful of deep clear lakes, which is a requirement for lakers. By the way, love your videos seamonkey. You catch some fish dude!

I think you have me confused with seemoneyfishing from Philly. Yes that dude catches some nice fish! Thanks for the info about round valley will have to try up there one day.

From what little I know about freshwater fishing I believe those Lakers were introduced to RV by the state of NJ as stocked fish. They have succeeded in reproducing and are now considered wild fish.

I would imagine the state choose RV as it has the deep and pristine waters.

I believe RV also requires kayakers to wear drysuits before a certain date?

out on the kayak with buddy Mike- Bought 30 dollars worth of blood worms and grass shrimp to target the perch and stripers in a river in Atlantic County. AS we were pedaling north I got a call from work- mike decided to troll a half ounce white bucktail with a pink zoom trailer. within minutes he hooks up. he releases and within a few more minutes he hooks up and releases again. Both were in the 20" range. I get off the phone we troll around a little more- I have on a red lead head with white swim bait- neither of us hit- but we were marking fish. So we anchor up and through out the bait. I got a couple nibbles on my hi lo but that's it. After about a half hour we decide to go back to trolling bucktails. I had a yellow with an otter tail. Mike had his white pink zoom combo- He hooks up again. He brings the fish in and I ask what size BT- I put the same size on with the red otter tail and cast out- boom I am in. so they wanted white and half ounce. I ended up with 6 total, biggest was around 32"- he bent the hook and I lost him right at the yak. Mikey ended up with 9 total. He kept two of his for the table, All mine went back in. Oh yeah- outgoing tide. Water temp 55 degrees.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails robs fish.jpg  

Nice going on the report and effort. Bloods, grass shrimp and bucktails you guys were really loaded for everything. Where did you get the grass shrimp this time of year? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Nice going on the report and effort. Bloods, grass shrimp and bucktails you guys were really loaded for everything. Where did you get the grass shrimp this time of year? thanks
    Thanks- it was great to hook up- its been a long time! Got the grass shrimp from Tonys bait and tackle. I believe Scotts B&T has them too.

just read that they found a body in the same river we fished yesterday. Same area too. We got there around 1:15- they found the body around 11am.

Heard that too. Sad to hear the news.
    http://6abc.com/news/fishermen-find-...p-nj-/1243228/

Congrats on the fishing though. Will be giving it a try in the bigd this afternoon before the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    Will be giving it a try in the bigd this afternoon before the rain.
    Whooh hoo my daughter actually agreed to go fishing. Going to hit the Bid D as well!

^^^fishing by yourself, good and fun.
    fishing with your kids, rewarding beyond belief and priceless. How did you get your daughter interested in fishing?

Rob great story of catching on the kayaks. Sometimes I am jealous of the yakkers because you all can cover more ground. It still seems you had to work for the fish. congrats and thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    heard that too. Sad to hear the news.
    http://6abc.com/news/fishermen-find-...p-nj-/1243228/

rip

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    out on the kayak with buddy Mike- Bought 30 dollars worth of blood worms and grass shrimp to target the perch and stripers in a river in Atlantic County. AS we were pedaling north I got a call from work- mike decided to troll a half ounce white bucktail with a pink zoom trailer. within minutes he hooks up. he releases and within a few more minutes he hooks up and releases again. Both were in the 20" range. I get off the phone we troll around a little more- I have on a red lead head with white swim bait- neither of us hit- but we were marking fish. So we anchor up and through out the bait. I got a couple nibbles on my hi lo but that's it. After about a half hour we decide to go back to trolling bucktails. I had a yellow with an otter tail. Mike had his white pink zoom combo- He hooks up again. He brings the fish in and I ask what size BT- I put the same size on with the red otter tail and cast out- boom I am in. so they wanted white and half ounce. I ended up with 6 total, biggest was around 32"- he bent the hook and I lost him right at the yak. Mikey ended up with 9 total. He kept two of his for the table, All mine went back in. Oh yeah- outgoing tide. Water temp 55 degrees.

Awesome report thanks for sharing. Amazing that there would be such a difference between yellow and white when it came to your catches.

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    just read that they found a body in the same river we fished yesterday. Same area too. We got there around 1:15- they found the body around 11am.
    sad to hear, rip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast