Thread: Lets kill more spawning breeders in NY

Default Lets kill more spawning breeders in NY

What they are doing to Striped Bass on the Hudson River Is Shameful. Just because a regulation or a law, says you can legally do something, does not always mean it's morally decent or environmentally correct. The Simple fix to all this ( Starting June 1st of every year) would be a Regulation Limit of One Fish A Day over 18 inches fish in hand, out of water & NO CULLING allowed through out the Entire Hudson River.

But for some reason The DEC will not acknowledge the vulnerability of the Striped Bass during the spawning season. No instead it is trying to regulate a ridiculous slot limit 29 inches to 39 inches ( This is the size the DEC defines to be the scientific size of the most productive of the spawning fish ). You can still catch & target these fish anyway you wan't. The most popular method is cut bait and J hooks. This Causes & Allows for more Spawning Fish to be Gut Hooked, Killed Then Discarded, because they don't allow that size fish to be landed. ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL...!!!

So Thank You " Hudson River Striper Fanatics " you are truly a greedy bunch of useless angling scum, and because of that We Are certain that your fanatical days on the river will come to an end very shortly ! Trust Us when we say you are our number one focus from now on.

Yours Truly,
    John West,

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I have always felt that way as well. They now limit striper fishing and size in the chesapeake bay to give them a chance. They would make a big difference if they did it in the hudson as well. I think at one time they tried to make it a no take zone and no commercial fishing and didn't get very far. I do agree with what you are saying.

X2. Think the commercial interests have a lot to do with this as has been said.