Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2016

Bays have really warmed up. will be good fishing weather after today

Nice going gentlemen. Fished the bigD again last night. 2 short stripers and a few cats.

I fished moco yesterday from 6-7pm right near sunset. It was real windy so tryed to find a place with some houses in the background. Used bucktails and rubber. Ocean was real flat with the wind and didn't see any bait or birds all up and down. Still it was a nice trip even though I caught the

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    Nice going gentlemen. Fished the bigD again last night. 2 short stripers and a few cats.

Hey bud thanks for trying. The delaware was a little messed up by all those high winds. Drove by yesterday and it looked like you could have gone surfing in the water. Whitecaps and such. At least you gave it a shot.

Have been out and about since the wind started to die down. Yesterday picked a few small bass. today a few as well in my usual haunts. These are all very small. Must be YOY that just became active. All on jig and white curly tail.

Nice work men. Seems like it is all about being out there at the right moment. Or being out in a boat. I went fishing twice in the ocean before the winds kicked up this weekend. Skunnk city for me. Guess my timing was off by a little. Thanks for the tips and congrats.

Hey that's why they call it fishing and not catching right? It is colder than a witches *it this morning!

I wanted to go out last night but the little wimp inside me said 'STAY HOME!" I think there is a good chance of catching something tho by reading all the reports. Maybe you do have to be in a boat, maybe not. Will try towards the end of the week and post up. Thanks to all you brave souls you guys are hardcore!

Definitely some rats around in the oc and ac surf. Friends of mine have been getting double digits on select afternoons when the weather is right. Nothing over 19" though. Once we get a few sunny days it will be game on.

Nice thanks for the intel.

Quote Originally Posted by lostatsea View Post
    Hey that's why they call it fishing and not catching right? It is colder than a witches *it this morning!

I wanted to go out last night but the little wimp inside me said 'STAY HOME!" I think there is a good chance of catching something tho by reading all the reports. Maybe you do have to be in a boat, maybe not. Will try towards the end of the week and post up. Thanks to all you brave souls you guys are hardcore!

haha no worries man. Can't tell you how many times I have had that same conversation with myself.

Fished moco tonight. Someone said it was cold? Sure was, but had to try because the winds died down. Nice night out there cold clear and crisp. Reminded me of november. Not a touch for me.

Same for me, nice cold night, wind not bad, still damn cold, cold water skunk. Think the drop in temp turned the fish off a little. Few more days and it will be back again.

Have to give you guys credit for trying. It went down to 27 degrees in my neighborhood last night.

^^^^^^^ brrrr. Hoping the south winds will warm things up a big. Got some heavy rain coming with that though.

to the real men who were fishing last night and yesterday while the rest of us were like in front of a warm fire! Will be out this weekend looking for stripes. Maybe some blues might be here by then too. Good luck fellas.

Not so much that we're real men but trying to get some quality bass fishing time in before the bluefish invade like roaches. Steve the blues are already in the barnegat. Small numbers I haven't seen any yet myself but they are there. Fished last night because of the tides, good water, cold as was mentioned, not much in the terms of pullage. Out again with the new moon on Thu if it's fishable.

Quote Originally Posted by baitstealer View Post
    Have to give you guys credit for trying. It went down to 27 degrees in my neighborhood last night.

x2. Have tried to post my fair share of reports. The winds the last 5 days have been killer. Very much an incentive to stay indoors. Nice effort, gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Not so much that we're real men but trying to get some quality bass fishing time in before the bluefish invade like roaches.
    And when they do get here in full force they will be like roaches. In every nook and cranny and impossible to troll without getting covered up. Have to put the rubber away or it gets all chewed up. Not a big fan of the blues.

Very surprising bite in OC this morning.
    Went to fish the high tide before I had to go to work. got a bunch o rats on a small ava jerked along the bottom. A friend said he was getting some so I had to go see for myself.
    There are a lot of small fish around right now gents. Catch em up.

Nice! I wonder what it is about Ocean County that all those little fish are around so early on in the season? Anyone know?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast