Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2016

Great news, thanks for the Intel.

The Barnaget bay is relatively shallow and the bottom conducts warmth too, small fish come in there in numbers every spring , even if its out front thats where they are headed.

Fished moco last night. Wind in my face felt good to get out and try. Got 3 shorty stripers on clams. Saw some decent keepers too.

Good job on the persistence. Have fished out front the past 2 mornings and skunk for me. Friends fishing a little further south are catching small stripers. I know they should be where I am fishing too. Back out after the weekend to try some more.

Thanks. I was there for a long time. Was getting frustrated and most of the guys went home. Just me and some spanish guys left still toughing it out. Then there was like an hour when the fish started hitting. That woke me up real fast! There's nothing to get you pumped up about fishing when you are tired and ready to give it up, and the fish start biteing.
    Still no keepers but I was happy. Hope this cold weather on the weekend doesn't shut them down again.

Nice going persistence pays off.

Good job there. I gave it a try in MoCo after the rain. The conditions seemed pretty nice for the first week of april. Little windy though as you said. One missed fish for me and that was it. Next time will have to pay more attention.

Fished this morning pre-sunrise in oc. It was dead, zippo.

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    Thanks. I was there for a long time. Was getting frustrated and most of the guys went home. Just me and some spanish guys left still toughing it out. Then there was like an hour when the fish started hitting. That woke me up real fast! There's nothing to get you pumped up about fishing when you are tired and ready to give it up, and the fish start biteing.
    Still no keepers but I was happy. Hope this cold weather on the weekend doesn't shut them down again.
    Nice going. Heard of a decent bite up that way. Also heard it's hit and miss and tough to plan around. Just got to be there when they're around I guess. This up and down temperature changes also doesn't help anything either.

Good job on putting your time in.

Tried to find the runts again, failed. Still I like this quote-
    ""I've spent some time fishing the local banks by me. There's fish here but the majority are small. I caught one dink this morning and saw two others caught. There's keepers but not the majority yet. It's not hot fishing but better than sitting home."

I have been out a lot lately. Fishing good and bad for me, lots of miles walking and scouting. Spoke to some of you people via text. The fish you find today may not be here tomorrow. Many are migrating and fast moving. Word to the wise.

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

Nice to see you posting again DS.
    Fished last night got the skunk, may try again on Sun if it calms down.

Mo Co from 7-10pm. A lot colder out than I thought it would be. One short striper on clams.

I finally engaged the stripers, didnt start to 2 am, wishing i didnt try for Trout earlier in the evening because i couldny do anything wrong, first stop was a combination of solid amount of rats and 27-29" taking bait of the surface, got about 8 but as the moon tide picked up they started to shut down and move out far too.
    Made a move and found the big fish, I sure stepped in it, 6 hookups with 3 landed , most seemed around 20lbs with the one big one over 30, daylight shut em down. Guy saw me landed one walked up and gave me the ok if i fish right here look, I said I don't care if you get right next to me they are here. He got a few too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FotoFlexer_Photo444.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	20141
    This picture is crap but I estimated this one to be 30-32 lbsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FotoFlexer_Photo00.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	20142

Fished the bay tonight. Hit 2 early season hot spots and only managed one striped bass on clam. Was windy and cold. The kind of stuff that you read about on the fishing blogs that produces. Just not for me lol.

sharkhart that is a fantastic report. WOW nice fish! Do you mind if I ask what plug gave you the most success? It looks like a white SP? thanks and congrats.

Way to go Matt

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Awesome! Beautiful fish. Congrats!

Fantastic catching job shark! You put your time in and got em, great job.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast