Thread: Big Blues in OC

Default Big Blues in OC

Me and my buddy Mike put in in the back side of the bay and looked for fish. Nothing was biting where we were. Heard on the radio the blues were biting at an area that was about 6 miles from us. We decided to head towards the inlet- about 4 miles one way. still couldn't find anything. No visible signs, no birds etc. We actualy followed the outgoing tide out to the inlet and withing 30 minutes of being the there the tide turned to incoming. We started heading back to the launch. I dropped a 1/2 oz bucktail with a pink trailer in. Let it fall to the bottom and got smacked by a 32" bruiser. When I landed him I could see he had sea lice on him so he was fresh from the ocean. Landed 2 more and lost 2- with an SP bullet.
    It was about 7pm now and I still had 4 miles to get back so I high tailed it back but my buddy mike kept fishing all the way in. He caught 5 more and made it back after dark.

A guy at the boat ramp asked where I was fishing and said he thought he saw me out there and then asked if I saw all the large sharks jumping out of the water after the blue fish.....no and I am glad I didnt see that LOL!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bigblue.jpg  

nice job, but sharks in the bay? What kind do you think they were

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    nice job, but sharks in the bay? What kind do you think they were
    I asked the guy he said he wasn't sure but he said they were big. I said Brown sharks? (I have no idea how big browns get) he said maybe- but who knows. I remember seeing a video of a girl fishing off her dock in south carolina somewhere (the video went viral a few years ago- you probably saw it it) and she was reeling in a fish when about 2 feet from her sea wall a bull shark jumped right out of the water and ate her fish. at first it looked huge but after re watching it it was about 4-5 feet long so who knows how big these sharks really were.

Nice!

Way to go.