Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2016

Hybrid View

Default NJ Fishing Reports for May 2016

NJ Fishing Reports for May 2016 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here.....
    2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the*limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach,"think"before ya post.....

3.Location
    Out front....
    out back.....
    or the county...

further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4.Moderation...
    I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
    If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

**Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group!

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

Well, apparently the Goog curse is still with me. I was doing maintenance on the site early this morning. And still a little befuddled that Jim Cousins is actually gone.

Somehow I deleted the NJ May fishing reports thread, what a goofball I am.

I tried getting it back but it doesn't seem that's going to work.
    My deepest apologies to those who took the time to put reports up for the benefit of others.
    If you can repost, that would be nice.
    Otherwise, there are fish out there right now.
    Put your time in...pay attention to tides and bait concentrations, and you should be able to find them.

Good luck to all...from the head Goog.

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

Some may not know that Jimmy Cousins, one of the old timers in the surf fishing world and a great rod builder, has passed away.

He just recently had another stroke, and with his other health problems it was thought it would be difficult for him to recover.
    Thanks to finchaser for first sharing the news.
    He was a good man and will be missed.
    for anyone who wants to express condolences or post up funeral and visitation arrangements, please do so in the thread below.

Thanks

Somoco. Low water did not look too fishy. Got one blue on a pencil popper around 5:45.

Got my first skunking in over a month last Friday from the surf. Dropping water temps, dirty water & high winds. It was bound to happen at some point.

Took the boat out Saturday in the light rain with Rui. Water was really dirty tried a bunch of different spots but just couldn't get through the bluefish. Eventually made a move and found what we were looking for and ended up the day with 6 bass (3 in the 20# class). Not great but can't complain considering the poor conditions we had.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160507_1257251942.jpg  

I got exact coordinates on JB!!!! Little does he no I planted a GPS tracker on his boat when we cleaned it LOL!!! Not that I have time to fish anymore grrrrrr!!!

I'm with ya steve..Went out Sat night 11-4am... good wind good water good tide saw some bait end result....SKUNKED...I haven't had time to put in as much as I usually do but man this spring is the pits in the NoMoCo-MoCo area..IMHO.. if you weren't on the big school early or have a boat it's just plain sucked..Past years a night like that would have produced at least a handful of schoolies and a possible keeper.. Last year was ruff but this year even worse..If you ask me something is wrong...Where are the schoolies? Thank god for blues on some of my trips or else I would have blanked on most trips...Stocks are way down plain and simple...I'm gonna bust out the GULP soon if things don't change I'll give it another week or 2 but I don't have high hopes....Sorry for the rant and negativity but just my observations

Just got finished, fished outgoing tide in Moco. 1 blue on a popper. There was some splashing but it was way too far out to see what it was. good luck gentlemen