Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2016

great work, those are some big striped bass you guys are catching. lucky dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    The biggest was 24lbs, most were in that typical 16-22# range we have been seeing.
    Wow very cool

Quote Originally Posted by jsarosi View Post
    Did a boat trip for blues yesterday and it was an all out slaughter with 8-16lb jumbos. Caught my limit and lost a few. All on jigs. The fish were full and spitting out anchovies.
    Was out 2 to 4 miles of the beach in moco.
    I know this is probably a long shot, but was wondering if on your trip out or back if you saw any guys catching near the inlet. would love to try to find some of those big jumbos from the shore. Maybe they have moved off into deeper water?

Three of us fished MOCO yesterday afternoon. Had a pick of large bluefish on metal and bucktails. Did not see any bait present.

Nice going. Fished 5-7pm yesterday, very popular spot, nothing.
    Fished another popular spot today 6-8, nothing as well. Should have brought some gulp with me to try for fluke.

I became a report chaser in the morning. Had to do it. Sat 5-7:30 am Hunting Island beach because of all the great blue fish reports. It was a madhouse! I left and drove to the beginning of the park. I caught two blues by casting pencil poppers into the surf. This was midway into the incoming tide.

Hey I did the same thing I went down there because read blues are all over the place. When I got there I saw that there was probably a lot of exaggeration. I still got blues anyway so I was happy.

Nice catches guys especially on the stripers. I was at Island beach yesterday. I didn't see a lot of fish caught but there were a few nice big Gorillaz. I got four using bunker. I got chopped off a bunch of times before I started using steel leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by baitstealer View Post
    Hey I did the same thing I went down there because read blues are all over the place. When I got there I saw that there was probably a lot of exaggeration. I still got blues anyway so I was happy.
    haha...wait people exaggerate on the internet? lol

Nice 22# surf bass on the Atlantic City boardwalk from Wednesday night
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  

Fished a river today, total skunk.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    haha...wait people exaggerate on the internet? lol

Nice 22# surf bass on the Atlantic City boardwalk from Wednesday night
    I hope you don't think I'm calling you out or anything because I appreciate your reports you're obviously one of those sharpies out there and a very good fisherman. I keep seeing the same dock planks. Are they different stripers and different docks
    ? LOL. could you explain what's so great about Atlantic City that it has all those striped bass right now? Thanks

Somoco 5-6:60. Big swell. Skunk for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Fished a river today, total skunk.
    we should start a club called The Skunk Club. Fishing sucked for me the last two times.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    I hope you don't think I'm calling you out or anything because I appreciate your reports you're obviously one of those sharpies out there and a very good fisherman. I keep seeing the same dock planks. Are they different stripers and different docks
    ? LOL. could you explain what's so great about Atlantic City that it has all those striped bass right now? Thanks
    Nice, what does it take to become a king size sharpie?

Different stripers = yes.
    Different dock = no, all caught on the same "dock" pretty much.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AC121053l.jpg  

Good night of bass fishing last Thursday that started off real slowww and was looking pretty bleak until I trusted my gut and we made a move. We had 2-3 hours of good fishing...not sure exactly how many we caught but I figure somewhere between 15-20 bass on the night. I certainly didn't get quantity myself but made up for it with a healthy 32# bass. We caught two pugnose bass...I can only remember seeing one in the past 10 years and we managed to catch two in one night. Crazy! Starting to wonder if it was the same fish twice or if they were swimming together? (we lost the second one next to the boat because I don't carry a landing net onboard).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160519_222827224.jpg   IMG_20160519_223002249.jpg  

IMG_20160519_223131809.jpg   IMG_20160519_224101418.jpg  

Nomoco sunrise, got blanked.

Lmao! JB like the king size sharpie pic. well, if there was a king-size Sharpie your picture or boat would probably be under there.

You guys catch a lot of stripers. Congrats you have the Magic Touch.

moco 4-5:45 just walked off the beach One blue saved me from the skunk. On a hopkins . Nice fish JB!

fished the ocean last night monmouth county. It was kind of funky with some big swells. Found a somewhat protected spot, worked the water with bucktail. 3 Bass to keeper size, released and a bunch of larger blues.

Nice job on the catching JB. You really have picked up some larger bass so far this season. Thanks for sharing.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast