Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2016

^ Thats some dedication. Heard they were catching some stripers up in atlantic county. Was never able to get out there at the right time. Congrats a 20 pounder is a nice striper whether you landed it or not.

Fished cm this morning before the rush. 5-7. Ended up with the cape may special, dogfish, skate, and sea robin. Clams and bunker.

Moco last night till the rains chased me off the beach. One short striper on sp. Thinking of switching to fluke soon. A buddy was there earlier and got a keeper so nice he didnt even have to measure it.

I'm with ya steve..Went out Sat night 11-4am... good wind good water good tide saw some bait end result....SKUNKED...I haven't had time to put in as much as I usually do but man this spring is the pits in the NoMoCo-MoCo area..IMHO.. if you weren't on the big school early or have a boat it's just plain sucked..Past years a night like that would have produced at least a handful of schoolies and a possible keeper.. Last year was ruff but this year even worse..If you ask me something is wrong...Where are the schoolies? Thank god for blues on some of my trips or else I would have blanked on most trips...Stocks are way down plain and simple...I'm gonna bust out the GULP soon if things don't change I'll give it another week or 2 but I don't have high hopes....Sorry for the rant and negativity but just my observations

Just got finished, fished outgoing tide in Moco. 1 blue on a popper. There was some splashing but it was way too far out to see what it was. good luck gentlemen

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456