Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday to Finchaser

Default Happy Birthday to Finchaser

Yep he made it through another year, yes he did.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
    The Bad....
    He's argumentative, cantankerous, crusty, ornery, grouchy, curmudgeonly, and did I mention argumentative?

If he has an opinion on something, and it's a strong opinion, you better not disagree ....or you run the risk of getting rubbed out by Vito, or Jimmy Bag of Donuts, who may show up to your house at 1 a.m....to take you for a long ride in the Cadillac to the New Jersey Meadowlands.

If you want to stay in his good graces, don't mention anything about Obama, the Obama Administration, or medical benefits under the Obama Administration. Be prepared for a half hour rant if you do!

He regularly has battles, epic battles, with those he considers his best friends....Woe to the person who he is battling with that day. You do not want to oppose this man ....on the other side of an argument.

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

The Good....

If you are in his good graces, and he considers you a friend, be prepared for a slew of insults about your character, your choice of sleeping accommodations, what you do for a living, and your fishing ability, which is commented on most of all.
    (but that's not unusual in the world he lives in, him and all of his friends are real men. They bust balls every day and no one cries about it. They are vicious with each other, and very critical... hurling insults....that's how men used to act ...before men became feminized).

If you do receive such insults, consider yourself lucky. That means he likes you.

He doesn't show emotion very easily, and is hardly, if ever, wrong.

He cares deeply and passionately about those in his world. The woman that he married, he gladly took her two sons in as step sons, and raised them as his own, with values so strong, that they prefer hanging with him. (Finchaser Family Values). The way he raised these two fine young men (parenting together with their Mother ) should be the standard for parents in America raising their children, because they turned out respectful, considerate... and most of all, responsible for their own actions.

He is a cancer survivor and a miracle survivor at that...
    now documented in the medical history books as the only person in the US who has survived his type of cancer, for so long. We have had many nervous scares throughout his illness, and never once did I see him whine or complain about the lot in life that God has given him.

He is one of the few people that I still know who still attends churches, funerals, and graveyards regularly.

He comes from a generation when people were asked to do something.. . and they always did just a little bit more... because that was the way they were raised.

I bust him publicly about being so angry sometimes and he denies it. It is absolutely true if you get to know him.

The passion he has.. and the Fire within, has transcended itself to:
    fighting for fishermen's rights,
    fishing access,
    and justice in fisheries management
    for the last 40 years.
    He has attended meetings, written letters, participated in organized blockades that shut shore towns down... until they would negotiate with fishermen.

He has tried to be a voice instilling the same passion and other inspiration in fishermen today...so that our children and grandchildren have fish for years to come.
    I suppose some of his anger comes from the apathy that we see out there today. Few are actually motivated to show up to meetings... but thousands and thousands can chatter uselessly about it on the internet...or have the time to take off a day of work when a hot bite is going on.

He is old school, old world, old Family Values, and most importantly of all....an old Crusty Crab......

But ......if you are ever in trouble he would give you the shirt off his back.

He is a talented rod builder who always works behind the scenes for many of the area's shops, and has often donated custom-built rods for a good cause, without looking for any recognition.

There are times when I honestly feel the need to strangle him because he is just so overbearing. I am glad there is at least 60 miles of living space between us.

However...there is no one on this Earth that I am prouder and honored to call a friend... then that grouchy basstid Finchaser!!

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

Bob you are a terror, and a thorn in my side at times..but I am proud to know ya.

I wish for you another year... cancer-free... some good times fishing with friends....and maybe a little more calmness and serenity in your life, with God's Blessings, pal.

Please join me in wishing The Grouchy Bastard a happy birthday, and many more to come.

Thanks

very impressed to hear all of fin chasers achievements. Thank you sir! I'm so glad that you guys are back to being friends again. I like reading your posts, and I've learned a lot from both of you. wishing you all the best finchaser, and many more!

Happy birthday and best wishes.

What a resume Mr FC. still waiting for the rollout of the finchaser fishing hotline. Just kidding lol. Best of health and happiness. Salud!

happy birthday, thanks for all of your contributions for the fishermen.

Happy birthday and thank you. What's your secret on raising responsible kids. It's not that easy these days.

Happy Birthday Fin and many more!

Like finchaser, I fought for a lot of things too back in the day, and agree folks just don't want to put the time into it anymore. it is what it is.I feel like I am a dinosaur living in a different society now.
    Bob your efforts made a difference, as did mine. Us old dinosaurs have to stick together. Wishing you the best in health and a good day with you and your family.

Happy Birthday!

So does a young man of your stature prefer stripers or strippers?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

Yep he made it through another year, yes he did.
    If he has an opinion on something, and it's a strong opinion, you better not disagree ....or you run the risk of getting rubbed out by Vito, or Jimmy Bag of Donuts, who may show up to your house at 1 a.m....to take you for a long ride in the Cadillac to the New Jersey Meadowlands.
    Lmao Jimmy bagodonuts!
    would like to meet some of these characters in real life, or maybe not. Might be hazardous to one's health.

As they say in Ireland slainte. congrats on your fight against cancer.life is short, have a drink, catch a fish, good times with good buddies, best wishes.

how old might you be?

Happy Birthday Bob have a great day..
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Happy b day have a good one.

Congratulations on beating cancer. I have lost several friends to it. Wishing you health and a happy birthday.

thanks to all and to answer SS I'm 67

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Happy bday, great to know u are out there like a 30yr old too

Happy Birthday Fin, Wish you Many Many more. You still got a lot to teach us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast