Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2016

Default NJ Fishing Reports for May 2016

NJ Fishing Reports for May 2016 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here.....
    2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the*limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach,"think"before ya post.....

3.Location
    Out front....
    out back.....
    or the county...

further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4.Moderation...
    I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
    If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

**Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group!

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

Well, apparently the Goog curse is still with me. I was doing maintenance on the site early this morning. And still a little befuddled that Jim Cousins is actually gone.

Somehow I deleted the NJ May fishing reports thread, what a goofball I am.

I tried getting it back but it doesn't seem that's going to work.
    My deepest apologies to those who took the time to put reports up for the benefit of others.
    If you can repost, that would be nice.
    Otherwise, there are fish out there right now.
    Put your time in...pay attention to tides and bait concentrations, and you should be able to find them.

Good luck to all...from the head Goog.

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

Some may not know that Jimmy Cousins, one of the old timers in the surf fishing world and a great rod builder, has passed away.

He just recently had another stroke, and with his other health problems it was thought it would be difficult for him to recover.
    Thanks to finchaser for first sharing the news.
    He was a good man and will be missed.
    for anyone who wants to express condolences or post up funeral and visitation arrangements, please do so in the thread below.

Thanks

Somoco. Low water did not look too fishy. Got one blue on a pencil popper around 5:45.

Got my first skunking in over a month last Friday from the surf. Dropping water temps, dirty water & high winds. It was bound to happen at some point.

Took the boat out Saturday in the light rain with Rui. Water was really dirty tried a bunch of different spots but just couldn't get through the bluefish. Eventually made a move and found what we were looking for and ended up the day with 6 bass (3 in the 20# class). Not great but can't complain considering the poor conditions we had.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160507_1257251942.jpg  

Fished Sandy hook yesterday late afternoon in the dark. Lots of bunker and bluefish. Landed 3 nice blues on a swimmer plug. The other guys fishing with bunker chunks were steady picking at the blues. One fishermen landed two short bass and released. No other bass noticed just blues.

Nice going, and you too JBarbosa. I fished a little south of that yesterday afternoon and ended up with a few blues on pencil poppers. It looks like they may be setting up in the area for a while. It was fun to catch them in the ocean.

since dark the master googen messed up the reports I want to again ask J Barbosa if he really has a bunker pond in his backyard as dark claims. when you don't put the smileys in there, it's hard to tell if you guys are busting or not.

Did my usual walk today. Switched it to mid morning for a better tide opportunity. Picked up four feisty schoolies on bucktail and pork.

Nice going guys. Beautiful striper there. finally got some decent action on the big Blues in the back of Raritan Bay. Had them for 2 hours yesterday until sunset. Poppers and SPs's did the trick. Boy were they vicious. Saw a lot of tackle getting lost.

nomoco in the back bay was exploding with blue fish yesterday. Casted metal exclusively to try to avoid bite offs. Lots of fun with the Slammers hoorah!

Went to Monmouth County today. it was a lot of activity in the ocean and I got a mess of them crazy bluedogs using a lime green pencil popper. lost count of how many, my hands are tired.

Made a move last night up north of where I usually fish. Got a bunch of dink bass during the change of tide, leadhead and mister twister. Lots of people out late at night walking around like zombies.Thankfully most of them were gone by the time the fish started biting

Mess of gator blues this morning in moco. Poppers.

fished sunrise oceanside. Very foggy out. Don't know where the fish are but they weren't where I and 20 other guys were. Good luck to you guys getting them and congrats because today I officially sucked and the conditions were perfect.

Nomoco today from 6 to 9:30 a.m. on the incoming tide. pencil poppers, metal, bucktail, and some other plugs. got one big blue about 14 pounds on the bucktail. I heard the famous "you should have been here yesterday" speech. story of my life, may try again tomorrow.

Got up late and fished Moco from 8-9. Got the skunk next time w)ill try earlier and a little bit of a different beach.

Southern Monmouth. It was very breezy and I kept getting a bow in my line and it was aggravating. Gave it a go for an hour and then quit.

skunked in the ocean today.I did see a lot of blues caught and some big ones. But they only wanted meat. bunker was King. drove me crazy!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast