Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing reports for July 2016

Pretty work jb and bh.

Good job gentlemen. Have not been fishing the surf in a while, then spending some time with my grandchildren. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

Nice. At least someone is catching even if not me.nomoco last night, beautiful conditions, light southwest wind. only could manage a few fluke on gulp white mullet.

Also a heads up to you guys who fish hard and drive home tired. I almost ran into deer at two places last night. One dashed right out in front of me. Be careful out there guys.

Fluke fished yesterday with Bill, my brother and my dad. We had to pick through a lot of shorts and 17-17.99" fish to put 14 keepers in the boat. I got my fourth and I guess you could say 5th personal fluke limit of the year as I had a double limit (10 keepers on the day). Definitely a quantity over quality type of day with a lot of laughs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160717_154937498_HDR.jpg  

Barbossa the fluke fighter. Coming soon from Marvel comics. nice catching, dude.

Very nice report, JB.

Good to see some positivity.
    As for me, add me to the skunk control this morning. Conditions were good but I couldn't find a striper. Did see a bunch of cownose rays. You guys be careful when spiking your rods these things will take them out to sea. Had to help a young fellow last week who almost lost his rod. The full moon tides are good. Will try a little earlier tomorrow morning.

Today's fishing was a little better. Fished before dawn and picked up four short stripers on bucktail and red gill teaser.
    Incoming tide seems to work now. well before sunrise. good luck folks.

Nice! Good news

Thanks for the heads-up about the cow nose rays as well. Almost lost a good rod and reel to them last year around this time.

Nomoco this morning. It was a little windy. as soon as the sun came up the bugs and flies were biting me though I was glad for the wind because the second it slowed down they were drilling for blood. Managed a few short fluke and a monster sea robin. This must be the year of the sea robins LOL.

Jb have to say it seems like you're putting all the rest of us here to shame. Don't you ever get skunked?
    I hope that didn't come across the wrong way I meant to say congrats. you really do seem to be dialed-in to the fishing. Congrats.

Took a little break from fishing for a while because of the heat. Anyone want sharks or big rays theres plenty of browns to be caught ibsp at night by chunking bunker and mackerel. Or you can catch some of the big king fish and chunk either a head or the top half. My bud shave been crushing them in the middle of the night. Around high tide is best.good luck guys

oh, I forgot to say, nice catches on the fluke. There are lots of small fluke in Island beach but with the smaller limit size you can go home with some. Early morning has been best for me.

Yup, some bigguns out there.

Decided to switch it up and fished way before sunrise this morning.
    Picked up two short stripers on bucktail and redgill between 3:30 and 5 a.m. the ocean was very calm, almost too calm and flat. Lots of small bait in the surf zone and also small snappers and cocktail blues as well. could also see some rays. cruising right around sunrise

Way to put your time in, bucket. Nice report thanks for sharing.

Moco last night from 4 to 7 on the outgoing tide. Managed a baker's dozen of short fluke on double gulp. One was almost a keeper. the flies and mosquitoes were horrendous. Next time I'm bringing a hazmat suit!

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    Jb have to say it seems like you're putting all the rest of us here to shame. Don't you ever get skunked?
    I hope that didn't come across the wrong way I meant to say congrats. you really do seem to be dialed-in to the fishing. Congrats.
    Less than a handful all year long (knock on wood). I have certainly had my share of slower trips and the classic "should have been here yesterday" although I am usually the one saying it.

Got skunked Thursday on a tuna trip.....long story short problem with the electronics so fishing blind with no sonar. Had one nice hit felt like a good Bluefin but hook pulled half way into the fight.

Fished the SI Tuna club's Grandpa Savino fluke tournament on Saturday with Khanh, Dani, and Jay aboard the Sea Note II. I believe we finished in 5th place which was out of the money. One more quality fluke would have put us in the money or possibly won it. We put together a great catch in terrible conditions easily getting a 4 man fluke limit (plus another rogue sea bass) but not the right 3 fluke unfortunately.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160723_184012338.jpg  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast