Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing reports for July 2016

Tried to see if I can get something going yesterday on the incoming tide late afternoon. Thought I would shift things up a little bit. fish my usual area after the tourists had left, and managed two short stripers on bucktail and red gill teaser. The wind had shifted slightly East and there was a little bit of a chop to the water. good luck out there this weekend folks I'm off from fishing until Tuesday.

Default NJ Fishing reports for July 2016

Fishing Reports for July 2016 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here.....
    2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the*limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach,"think"before ya post.....

3.Location
    Out front....
    out back.....
    or the county...

further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4.Moderation...
    I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
    If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

**Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group!

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

June and Early Summer Recap......

Bunker are still on the radar for anyone targeting big bass.
    Sadly many of the fishermen I know have given up fishing for Jersey bass at this time of year....
    There are still a few bass and larger bluefish around here and there.

My June fishing was fairly consistent, often being able to pick up a few bass on each trip. There was a lot of effort and lost sleep necessary to do that though.
    These bunker are both a blessing and a curse. They seem to concentrate all the fish in one area, around them.

There are a few encouraging signs out there:

1. Fluking by most standards has been pretty good for anyone putting in some time, from the shore and boats.
    2. Each trip I take I don't even begin fishing until I scout the area and the forage varieties for a good 5 minutes. I am seeing more varieties of juvenile fish this year than I have seen in many years. I think... fingers crossed, this bodes well for what could be a spectacular fall season for many of us.

In the meantime, if you're out there on the water on a boat, or just fishing some isolated area at night from land...in bad weather... please be careful and safe. God Bless all.

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

You can't catch bass with out live bunker come on quit kidding

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Oops you're right. I should have disclosed that I'm now carrying a 55 gallon bunker tank around with me whenever I fish.

That's the only way to catch bass now...
    plugs, tins, bucktails, rubber.....none of that works.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    You can't catch bass with out live bunker come on quit kidding
    Bunker make everyone a bass fisherman, known fact!

Well I'm not so sure about that. I fished near Island beach early this morning between 5 and 6 a.m. before the shoobie traffic started.
    I saw a bunch of bunker out far and it seemed like nothing was on them. Casted a bunch of stuff and ended up tossing a pencil popper right around sunrise. Raised one pretty decent-sized fish on that but it never came back. Maybe was a striper or a blue but I'll never know. Good luck and happy Fourth of July guys!

Be careful on the water today folks. Was at a friends marina having a few pre dinner drinks. The amount of idiots today is scary.

thank god most of them leave I need to do my yearly labor day count down

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I agree with you gents that's why I completely stop fishing for the whole weekend. It's not worth the aggravation trying to get some fishing in the disrespectful folks are here. Trash all over, urinating in the streets, and just a general sense of foul mouth loud behavior. You can have it.

Went back to my old school method of bucktail with a red gill teaser this morning in moco. Picked up 3 short stripers right around first light. In between the rain.

Benny go home!
    Do i have to wait till sep 6 to post that here?

way to go bucket. When you dont catch fish it gets me really worried because I know you are one of the old pros. Thanks for sharing the report and congrats.

Nice going bh. Good to know there are still a few around.

Well 2 days in a row of catching bass apparently too much to hope for in jersey. this morning from 5 till 7. Beautiful morning out no stripes for me. I'm now using the bucktail and redgill combo every day. Did pick up two short flukeon the redgill. Great morning to be on the water early. Gonna be a hot one today folks.

Just goes to show you how much New Jersey fishing sucks. We can't even get a decent dink bite going for two days in a row. SMH

Jersey- bunker makes everyone a bass fisherman, and our dinks are delicious. guess it's time for a new slogan.

Summer doldrums

Late report from July 1st (I blame DarkSkies for not having the thread up yet...)
    Decent night of bass fishing with Rui although not as fast paced as we have been experiencing recently still a very solid night considering its JULY and water temps are 71-73F where we have been fishing. We had 6 bass total with 3 being shorts, one just keeper sized around 30", another one around 16-18lbs and then a skinny 45.5" bass that pulled the boga down to 32#. All bass released safely!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg   4.jpg  

Tough fishing on Saturday we only managed 4 keeper fluke and about two dozen shorts with the fast drift we had. I was expecting much better action.

Sunday we had much better conditions I knew the bay would be super crowded on a holiday weekend so we opted to go out front and do some bottom fishing. Good conditions all morning with a very light wind. Kevin and I got our sea bass limits fairly quickly releasing a few smaller sized keepers and a bunch of out of season blackfish. We then switched over to ling for the rest of the morning and ended up with half a bucket of ling each.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imagejpeg_0_18.jpg   IMG_20160703_1509234031024.jpg  

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast