Thread: NJ Fishing reports for July 2016

Hybrid View

Decided to switch it up and fished way before sunrise this morning.
    Picked up two short stripers on bucktail and redgill between 3:30 and 5 a.m. the ocean was very calm, almost too calm and flat. Lots of small bait in the surf zone and also small snappers and cocktail blues as well. could also see some rays. cruising right around sunrise

Way to put your time in, bucket. Nice report thanks for sharing.

Moco last night from 4 to 7 on the outgoing tide. Managed a baker's dozen of short fluke on double gulp. One was almost a keeper. the flies and mosquitoes were horrendous. Next time I'm bringing a hazmat suit!

Fished the SI Tuna club's Grandpa Savino fluke tournament on Saturday with Khanh, Dani, and Jay aboard the Sea Note II. I believe we finished in 5th place which was out of the money. One more quality fluke would have put us in the money or possibly won it. We put together a great catch in terrible conditions easily getting a 4 man fluke limit (plus another rogue sea bass) but not the right 3 fluke unfortunately.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160723_184012338.jpg  

Awesome reports gents!. They give me hope. I have not been out much because of the heat and the flies which I hear are unbearable.
    it supposed to rain in the next few days. I may go out after that trying my luck. Thanks for sharing.