Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing reports for July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Late report from July 1st (I blame DarkSkies for not having the thread up yet...)
    Decent night of bass fishing with Rui although not as fast paced as we have been experiencing recently still a very solid night considering its JULY and water temps are 71-73F where we have been fishing. We had 6 bass total with 3 being shorts, one just keeper sized around 30", another one around 16-18lbs and then a skinny 45.5" bass that pulled the boga down to 32#. All bass released
    Great report JB. Congrats on the Bass action!!!!!
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Wait, No tuna this time? ONLY stripers ling and fluke?man you are slipping up there dude!
    just kidding, want you to know I have drool running down the sides of my mouth reading your reports. you really are dialed in, congrats on the fish.

Nice going JB always enjoy the reports and enthusiasm.

Had a little better day this morning. Fished a little north of where I usually fish.Picked up four short fat bass and one short fluke. Bucktail and red gill teaser. Slight change to mild East wind may have made a little bit of difference, a bit of chop on the water before sunrise.

jb you are catching so many varieties you could open your own seafood restaurant soon, nice going. any Triggerfish yet?

It would almost be like winning the lottery to catch stripers 2 days in a row in the New Jersey summer surf without using something like sand crabs or peelers / shedders.
    I have been pulling up a lot of mole crabs with the bucktail lately so I know the bass are feeding on them. I got nothing but the skunk this morning. Relatively strong East wind, dirty water, not a great combination. might try again on Monday

Thanks for the heads up. you know what they say you can't catch them from the couch. I did one of those marathon trips yesterday that you guys always talk about. Fished moco with gulp white curly tails. Bunch of weeds in the water. There were a lot of fluke and a lot of sea robbins as well. One keeper it was pretty fat. And a whole mess of shorts.The family came down and we went out to Long Branch for dinner. Then I was back out last night trying for blues or stripers. Got a few cocktail blues on poppers right around sunset. no luck with the stripers at all, and I quit when the torrential monsoon rains soaked me to the
    bone.

Refreshing to hear I'm not the only one who had trouble with the weeds yesterterday. The surf was also big and it was pretty tough for me. I don't know about you other guys. managed 5 short fluke, and a lot of weeds. My next time out is this week so I hope it will be better by then.

Yeah the weeds have been terrible lately. Try to stay away from the front of the inlets if you can and fish more towards the middle beaches.

Fished the first ever King of the Creek Fluke Tournament out of Morgan Creek on Saturday with Kevin Kolovich and Jorge Pardal. Tough conditions all day long with high winds and rain but we managed to get 8 keepers on the day. Our three biggest fish were 7lb, 5lb and 4lbs for a combined weight of 16.13lbs which was enough to take 3rd place. Great tournament and we will be back next year for sure.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg  

woohoo! nice size fluke there jb, and congrats on placing in the tournament. I never heard of that tournament. As you said it's a new one -and good luck in the future.

Last of the outgoing tide yesterday afternoon in nomoco. was able to wait out pretty far and it was a pretty decent bite of small fluke.white and pink gulp seemsed to work the best. No keepers but I had pretty steady action with short fluke up to 17 inches and some monster sea robins.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Fished the first ever King of the Creek Fluke Tournament out of Morgan Creek on Saturday with Kevin Kolovich and Jorge Pardal. . Our three biggest fish were 7lb, 5lb and 4lbs for a combined weight of 16.13lbs which was enough to take 3rd place. Great tournament and we will be back next year for sure.
    Congrats JB!!
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

nice going, congrats

Way to go JB

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

wondering if I might ask what color gulp you are using JB? Thanks

Worked the beaches a little north of where I usually fish this morning. Fishing was a little better. Managed 2 short stripers, sea robin, short fluke. all on the bucktail and redgill. and all centered around first light to sunrise.

still catching stripers?
    Nice going

I'll say, my catch in Cape May for the last week consisted of skates dogfish and few short flounder. Good job.
    I might go up a little north in the Ocean City area and try for some sharks next week. good luck, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    still catching stripers?
    Nice going
    X2, good job

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast