Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing reports for July 2016

Catching a few keeper stripers when I can get or snag fresh bunker. Totally all on bunker heads. In the big river. Ran into Dark a few times he's out catching but not posting about it. Still trying to get him to use bunker heads tho.

Nice

Did a little better today with some cleaner conditions and less weed.
    picked up a handful of short stripers, short and fat. Bucktail with red gill teaser.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Did a little better today with some cleaner conditions and less weed.
    picked up a handful of short stripers, short and fat. Bucktail with red gill teaser.
    Nice

Went out fluking fishing on Sunday with Rick and Kieth. We had four keepers within the first 30-40 minutes and then a slow pick for the rest of the day ending up with eight keeper fluke and a short striper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160710_0953435791024.jpg   IMG_20160710_1717152441024.jpg  

Way to go gents. Jb maybe it's just a funny angle you took the pic at, but that's striper looks like someone bit its tail off!

Can tell those fluke came from the Raritan they have no sides

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I think that's because they are part of the fillet and release club LOL.
    Nice job jb you are doing better than many party and charter boats.

Fished somoco this morning before the hordes of beachgoers came out. It was beautiful conditions 5-7 am incoming tide. Got a few short fluke on gulp and almost every time my line got filled up with weeds. I hate those weeds!

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    Way to go gents. Jb maybe it's just a funny angle you took the pic at, but that's striper looks like someone bit its tail off!
    haha I noticed that too.

Fished OC above Island Beach yesterday right after the rain. When it was raining I went and got myself a cheesesteak on the boardwalk and thought about the times when I came there when I was a little kid. after the rain almost everyone was gone so it was very peaceful fishing the only companions I had with the weed you guys are talking about. They are really terrible this year. I thought it was exaggerated but they are everywhere. I guess all seasons have there bad guys, last year it was the jellyfish. This year it's the weeds.
    Just have to suck it up and keep trying, or find someone who has a boat.

I think it was posted here earlier, if you wanna stay away from the weeds fish further the from the inlets. Good luck. I'm targeting weakies for the next few weeks. Only found a few small ones so far at night

would love to catch a weeky.., haven't seen one yet this year. Good luck

oco from 4 to 6 a.m. got one short striper on a popper at 5:45. Looks like we're in for some hot weather.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    The small ones never stand still for a picture because they get to the boat so fast and are still green.

Went porgy fishing yesterday afternoon with Ken and Rui and decided to stay inside the bay. We had decent action but unfortunately most were shorts - total was 19 keeper porgies. Switched over to fluke for a little while and picked through the shorts where Rui got a nice keeper before we called it a day. Also got a huge sea robin which will fry up nice!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160715_210547549.jpg  

Great fluke fishing this morning with my dad and Rui. I got my third personal fluke limit+ of the year and the first full boat limit of fluke on the year and the best part is we were back at the dock before 11am on a scorching HOT day. Somehow Rui managed to catch a ROGUE 17.5" sea bass that was clearly lost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160716_120406725.jpg  

Very nice job jb You could start hiring yourself out as a charter captain pretty soon. Your catches are a lot better than some of the ones I've seen.

I don't usually fish Sundays, but the fishing has picked up a little bit in my area, so I was out there before sunrise this morning. high tide around sunrise and it seems the weed situation has minimized a bit.
    Picked up three short fat stripers on bucktail and redgill combo. Also two short fluke.

PSA- two women got struck by lightning yesterday in point. When you see that stuff start to happen, get away from the water.
    http://6abc.com/news/2-women-struck-...beach/1429867/

Nice going bucket it seems there is a lot of small bait along the back sedges and shoreline bringing these schoolies in. Hope that stays for a while. jb great job as well.

I was down in ocean county with the family yesterday, and they made us all leave the beach. Traffic was horrendous. We saw lightning but didn't realize someone got struck by it. Thanks for the heads up. hope they are okay.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast