Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NJ Fishing reports for July 2016

Awesome reports gents!. They give me hope. I have not been out much because of the heat and the flies which I hear are unbearable.
    it supposed to rain in the next few days. I may go out after that trying my luck. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Less than a handful all year long (knock on wood). I have certainly had my share of slower trips and the classic "should have been here yesterday" although I am usually the one saying it.

Got skunked Thursday on a tuna trip.....long story short problem with the electronics so fishing blind with no sonar. Had one nice hit felt like a good Bluefin but hook pulled half way into the fight.
    Well, you win some you lose some. Tuna fishing can be expensive, and sometimes it's only a boat ride. Better luck next time.
    I have been catching small Blues in the surf between the hours of after work and sunset. Anywhere from brick down to mid island ibsp.
    small metals are working. There is a lot of bait in the surf spearing and, and rainfish.. Thats probably why.

Fished Saturday with Peter and Rui. I had somewhat high expectations as conditions were good but for some reason the fluke fishing was much slower than it has been (seemed that way for everyone based on reports). We scraped up 9 keepers on the day plus a weakfish that was safely released.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160724_07223668510242.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160724_07223668510242.jpg   IMG_20160724_1608028011024.jpg  

Nice mess of flounders there. Nice-looking weakfish too that's a pretty large one.
    Finally have a decent fishing report. I was fishing yesterday before the rain started Cape May area. Got a few short summer flounders on a hi-low gulp shrimp rig. then towards the end of the tide, I got two weakfish. the hit the bottom rig, and were much shorter than yours only about 13 inches each. But it was fun, I haven't seen them in a while. Tight lines gents!

You guys did better than me. I tried to fish yesterday in between the storms and it was terrible. I got about 15 minutes of clear weather, Then the black clouds rolled in and the thunder and lightning boomers. I said the heck with that I'm not getting fried like a french fry. A lot of sharks and rays around according to few fishermen I ran into. Be careful out there with those lightning boomers. I saw a few that were really scary.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345