Thread: Keeping Bass 2016

Hybrid View

Default Keeping Bass 2016

I have seen a bunch of bass kept this year on LI.
    Also many released, but the amount of guys walking off the beach with bass this year compared to the past few years to me is staggering.
    There seems at times to be a lot of bass in the 28-32 inch range where I have been fishing.
    Likely a good year class of fish?
    Would have been a good time to have a 26-36 inch slot where you would release fish in that range and build a solid breeder class.
    This is all from the beach, can imagine whats happening on boats.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I heard the boats are killing them taking their limits every time they can, especially those charter captains.

Heard same thing, absolute slaughter up there to the north.

People become a lot less diligent about catch and release when they are in the middle of blitzing bass and lots of others are keeping them. That's what I have seen.

Kill them all before there gone ego and greed $ is the mentality. We need another moratorium before its too late seen this before never thought I'd see it again.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Just read about the Gill Netting around Montauk this year on another site.
    Net sets in close, bass moving along shore had no chance at times. Dead bass and blues along beaches.
    Not good.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I say kill them all as well. People don't care anymore they only care about your own personal best 40 pounder. I don't know if it's true, but according to social media you guys in joizy have the greatest striped bass run ever right now.

Yes Sir been there also, soon it will be over and done people think the older generation is BS'ing them they will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Kill them all before there gone ego and greed $ is the mentality. We need another moratorium before its too late seen this before never thought I'd see it again.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.