We all have different levels of experience, and I hope most of us have a thirst for learning. For me, learning is an ongoing process. I hope I have never learned enough that I think I don't need to learn more, for that is the day that I should leave this earth and no longer be fishing.

I have learned a tremendous amount about surf fishing as I became obsessed about using artificial's to catch fish. I have been fishing for saltwater species since I was 12, comfortable catching them on many types of bait, often wading the back bay mud flats to dig worms when they wouldn't hit anything else. Keep in mind, that often the biggest fish of the year are caughtby those dedicated souls out there fishing bunker heads at night. Even when fishing bunker heads, you have to understand the tides, and fish feeding behavior if you really want to be successful.

Making the transition to catching them on artificial's taught me to think more critically ....as in the beginning I failed on most of my efforts.

Along the way, some kind souls have mentored me.....for which I am most grateful.
in return I started a mentoring program, and tried to mentor a few promising people. However, I found that they didn't want to do the work. They wanted me to tell them WHERE to fish.
No one ever did that for me. They gave me bits and pieces of scant information, that caused me to start to think critically.

So That's what I intend to do for the newer anglers out there......as a way of giving back, what was so kindly and unselfishly given to me....
None of it was given to me on a silver platter. No one ever took me by the hand and said: hey....let me take you fishing at night and I'll show you exactly what to do.

For the most part, my advice here will be rhetorical questions. I'll know the answers but I'm not giving that out here. I want to teach folks to think critically.
if you pay attention to the questions or brief statements here, and are willing to apply it and thoroughly give them a chance, I guarantee you will learn more, and become a better fisherman.

Anyone who is close to me knows that I am rough, unpolished, candid, and brutally honest if you ask me something in person. I'm not gonna be any different here, because I'm comfortable with who I am.