Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coast Guard missing persons

Default Coast Guard missing persons

Don't mean to alarm anyone, but I saw Coast Guard rescue helicopter and boats yesterday near shark River Inlet. They were all around the Inlet for over an hour and circling out to sea. Haven't seen dark post in a while and I know he does some crazy stuff. So if you are OK please just check in and let us know. I would miss having you around and your rants about the fishery.I am too old to rant anymore so I appreciate all you do.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf...ssible_br.html

on December 03, 2016 at 9:22 AM, updated December 03, 2016 at 11:11 AM

BELMAR -- The U.S. Coast Guard and county, state and local law enforcement agencies are searching the Shark River in Belmar to try to determine whether a motorist jumped off the Route 35 Bridge early Saturday morning.

Belmar Mayor Matthew Doherty said a car was found parked on the bridge at 2:45 a.m., leading to concerns that the driver may have leaped into the river.

He said Belmar Police Department's water rescue, New Jersey State Police and Monmouth County law enforcement agencies were involved in the search along with the Coast Guard.

Monmouth County's Maritime Emergency Response Team -- consisting of the Monmouth County Sheriff's Office, Freehold Township, Manasquan, Middletown and Belmar law enforcement officials -- were on scene, said sheriff's spokeswoman Cynthia Scott.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Wow, sad. hope they find the guy. DS are you still out there? Check in and let us know.

Hope it's not the dark one. Rich I've been busy but if I said any things on here to cause you grief I apologize.I just like to. bust balls, hope it's all good with you and the fam.

Since we are on the subject of bridge jumping, on a trip in October to Robert Moses I could not get off the "island" as the only bridge to get off was closed from ~8:30-11:30 because a jumper.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/10/...uicide-rescue/

A couple weeks later a fisherman grabbed a women who was about to go over and he successfully stopped her from jumping.

WEST ISLIP, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — Police officers went above and beyond to pull off a dramatic rescue in extreme conditions to help a man in need.

On Monday, the officers were hailed as heroes after going up 28 stories on a bridge to pull a man to safety.

As CBS2’s Brian Conybeare reported, the whole ordeal was caught on camera.

Suffolk County Police released the video of the officers scaling the Robert Moses Bridge superstructure to rescue the suicidal man at 8:30 on Sunday morning.

“He exited the vehicle, had all his doors open, and had his music really loud,” Officer Billy Judge said.

Judge and his partner Glen Baillargeon trained for such scenarios using harnesses and equipment, but this was the first time they put their training to use — 286-feet above the waters of the Fire Island inlet on a thin steel girder.

“It was very narrow, maybe 10 inches wide,” Judge said, “He was on the outside of the railing holding onto the light.”

The man, whose name has not been released, initially refused to cooperate.

“I said we really care about you. We want to get you out of this, and he said ‘you don’t care about me’ and I said ‘me and my partner are the only two up here with you right now, that’s got to tell you something,” Judge said.

It took nearly 3 hours, and 20 to 25 mph wind gusts didn’t help.

“I was trying to put a piece of webbing over the top of him, but it was too windy. The wind was taking the webbing,” Judge recalled.

Finally they got a harness on the man, and he agreed to slowly climb back down.

“At one point he looked up to me and he goes ‘Billy, thank you,’ I said, ‘my friend, thank you for giving me this opportunity to get you out of here,” Judge said.

“What happened on Sunday, it was an unbelievable act of bravery and skill,” Suffolk County Police Commissioner Timothy Sini said.

Officer Judge said he doesn’t consider himself a hero, just a professional.

The rescued man was taken to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.

Pic is them on the top where the guy climbed to.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jump.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	20601
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I hope it's not DS. If you are out there please check in and let us know you're okay, thanks.

Hes ok, just texted him. Fishing maniac is fishing every night almost.

Thanks, that's good to hear. It was unusual for the helicopter to be circling around for that amount of time. Glad he's okay.

it was a missing Neptune girl. She's still missing. Hoping that she is found.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf...en_more_d.html

yeah, I read about that too. It's a shame they haven't found her yet. She is probably alive somewhere but hiding. Depression can do strange things to people.

1 Coast Guard rescue that did not work out. He died Thursday and was a Navy SEAL as well, RIP.
    http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/new...seal/95971598/

RIP sorry to hear that.

As a SEAL he must have been in great shape. Wonder what happened, heart attack? thoughts and prayers to the family.

Couldn't figure it out either. If a Navy SEAL can lose his life you would think that that could happen to anyone.

another car found near a bridge, hope she is okay.
    http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ss...ound_near.html

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf...ssible_br.html

on December 03, 2016 at 9:22 AM, updated December 03, 2016 at 11:11 AM

BELMAR -- The U.S. Coast Guard and county, state and local law enforcement agencies are searching the Shark River in Belmar to try to determine whether a motorist jumped off the Route 35 Bridge early Saturday morning.

Belmar Mayor Matthew Doherty said a car was found parked on the bridge at 2:45 a.m., leading to concerns that the driver may have leaped into the river.

He said Belmar Police Department's water rescue, New Jersey State Police and Monmouth County law enforcement agencies were involved in the search along with the Coast Guard.

Monmouth County's Maritime Emergency Response Team -- consisting of the Monmouth County Sheriff's Office, Freehold Township, Manasquan, Middletown and Belmar law enforcement officials -- were on scene, said sheriff's spokeswoman Cynthia Scott.
    there is a very sad ending to this story that broke over the weekend.

It's puzzling to me, why would you kill a girl who was your lifelong friend?. Very sad. I hope they recover her body eventually.
    http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf...tern_appe.html

Suburban white kids and murder. Could it have been drugs? T&P for the family.

2 words -heroin addiction.

I have been following this, tragic story. Incredible how someone could have been a prom date to this girl, and then sometime later decide he wants to kill her for the money she had in the safe. Truly tragic. I hope they find her body and can put her to rest.

Thats happening mmor and more. Thoughts and prayers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast