Thread: Your fall run 2016?

Default Your fall run 2016?

Wondering what you guys think of this compared to other years? I have done ok, but skunked a lot of times. Skunk more often than catching. I'm starting to think that is just about over. The fish in the reports keep getting smaller and smaller each time. How have most of you guys been doing?

Mine not so great mens a mens. Got some stripers in October in the back bays. Since then it has been doggy and skate city!

For me mid September to mid October out CSS of LI was pretty good for me. Not a lot of bass, but good action and most of the action was with bass between 28 and 43 inches.
    Since then not good, a fish here and there, beat skunk most of the times, but barely.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Mine was decent. Fish to 32 pounds. I have gotten in the habit of going out in the kayak, got a lot of nice fish in June near the islands.
    Could never have reached those fish if I just kept with the ways that I usually used to fish. Some good nights in the canal when mackeral and other bait came in. Season started late and was definitely over too soon for me.

I had a better spring than fall where I got a few bass in the mid 25 pound range. Those fish seemed to move on fairly qufairl. Fall was pretty decent for Albies and large blues. There were a few weeks on the North Shore where fishing was much better than it has been. Albies to 10 pounds, and blues to 19. gosh there were some real big bruisers mixed in there.
    Small tins tied direct took the albies, while the blues hit bucktails poppers and darters in low light. Bass in fair numbers, but mostly schoolies to the low teens.

I'm not too much of a night guy unless I'm going after weakfish in late summer. I probably missed a lot of the good nights and bigger stripers. I spend a lot of time in the mornings and pre-dawn, the first hour before sunrise. Those are usually good times for me and I can squeeze in a few hours before work. I missed a lot of the good afternoon blitzes this year. Did get into a few, but my friends absolutely crushed them. Seems like the guys who were unemployed got the most and biggest fish LOL. that sucks for the rest of us who have regular jobs. I did get some nice striped bass during October and November. A little bit above 20 pounds. I noticed whenever the action was good I would definitely go the next day, because you didn't know if it would keep it up.