Thread: Winter fishing and bragging about holdover stripers

Default Winter fishing and bragging about holdover stripers

I don't know about you guys, but starting to see a lot of posting about fishing for winter holdover stripers. In LI lot of guys do it, it's allowed as long as you C&R immediately. I'm not sure if I should have put this thread in New York or New Jersey so mods feel free to move if not in the right place.
    What gets me is these guys will go on the internet and show pics of 20 inch stripers like they just pulled a 1 pound bag of gold out of the water. I'm not a hater, it's cool if dudes wanna get out and catch.
    Even still, why do they have to post pics of every 20 inch fish they catch on the net or FB! am I the only one who feels this way?

According to the law in New Jersey you cannot target or fish for stripers in back bays after December 31st. There are a lot of smart asses who say they are fishing for white perch. Sure -you're using a 6-inch plug/ 4 inch jig with a big hook and fishing for white perch.SMH. We all know that's totally bogus excuse. I may know some friends who fish for stripers in the winter, but if theyre in any of the WWD areas they aint posting about it on the internet or fb.

Dude I know exactly what you are talking about. Great thread. there is this one tool who has regularly posted pics of him and his small schooley stripers. You may know the guy I'm talking about. EVERY single fish he catches he posts next to his boot or sneakers. When you catch 10 schooleys at a power plant with the biggest one being 25 inches that's great. Just post ONE pic and move on! I think maybe some of these dudes didn't get attention or maybe that's the only way for them to feel important. My two cents.

Well I feel the same way about some of you outsiders coming up to the canal when the bite is on. It used to be a day or two before the Goog Squad would show up based upon someone's report. now with Facebook it's instantaneous. Someone catches a 25 and blasts it out with location and GPS coordinates. Bigmouth internet Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    Just post ONE pic and move on! I think maybe some of these dudes didn't get attention or maybe that's the only way for them to feel important. My two cents.
    haha they are legends in their own mind ROFL

This thread needs a song or a meme with the Dos Equis guys picture and caption "I don't always catch small stripers, but when I do I make sure to post every one of them on the net!"

fyi the original dos equis ad man has been fired.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ld-123647.html

Wanted to add what I said before. I'm not judging anyone. All I'm saying is if you're doing it it's stupid to brag about it. Basically I agree with what all you guys are saying. plus, they are actively patrolling the back looking to write tickets.

People don't know how to keep their mouths shut about anything anymore. MHO

^ Internet hero syndrome. A way for the millenials to feel important when not busy protesting with face masks.

Agreed!
    #iCantBeCoolUnlessiTellEveryoneHowCooliAm

Lmao

It's interesting that some of the most probing and enjoyable threads start out here. 2 weeks later you find the same thread on another fishing website. Coincidence?:

^^^^^ I wouldn't worry too much about it. Some dudes can't generate original thoughts. I see it all the time on different sites. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.